[Politics] Capital Punishment

Capital punishment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting comparison with the legalise cannabis thread. Some folks are horrified at the thought of legalising a plant but would quite happily legalise state sanctioned murder. NSC, how we love thee :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s interesting that I voted with the 80% yet don’t feel the anger you are clearly showing towards people that didn’t, it’s their choice, their opinion for goodness sake, why do you need to be so angry at others that have a different opinion to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why do you feel the need to ask me? ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Clearly for balance I have one speaker for it and one against it.

Balance should not always be seen as one in favour and one against. It's a mistake frequently made by broadcasters in relation to the climate change issue. If over ninety percent of the scientific community are in agreement, then giving 50/50 representation is not balance, it massively over-represents a minority fringe view. Looking at your poll numbers here, to get balance for your debate you may need one in favour and five against.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe because if a guy raped 20 different women those women would feel much safer in life knowing the prick was dead and could never harm them again?

It's not about a deterrent, it's about removing threats to society that have caused horrific trauma to not only their victims but their families.

I'm sure they would feel equally safe from that rapist if he's locked up for life. Of course having been through that experience once I doubt they would feel safe anywhere where there are men they don't know.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
While I agree with you, what has this got to do with anything?

I did say I was going off topic, I didn't feel it warrants it's own thread. It is sort of related as in this case justice has let down this woman's family by allowing this piece of scum to weasel out of the situation.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Balance should not always be seen as one in favour and one against. It's a mistake frequently made by broadcasters in relation to the climate change issue. If over ninety percent of the scientific community are in agreement, then giving 50/50 representation is not balance, it massively over-represents a minority fringe view. Looking at your poll numbers here, to get balance for your debate you may need one in favour and five against.

The studios not big enough :lol:

But in all seriousness of the 28 who have so far voted for it, I know a number of those people and they are level headed individuals whose opinion I respect, so surely one each would be enough?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Killing people doesn’t work on any sensible level.

It’s not a deterrent, in fact there is an argument it encourages murder.

It doesn’t bring peace of mind to victims’ loved ones.

We could be executing an innocent person.

It is a step backwards. There’s a reason we have gone from having the death penalty to not having the death penalty, not the other way round.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Give them access to 3 meals daily, a warm bed, free health care etc etc instead. Always works, Whiting, Bishop etc etc etc

Have you ever spent time in a prison? Grim doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is NSC really a representative sample of the population?

84% against to date.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting comparison with the legalise cannabis thread. Some folks are horrified at the thought of legalising a plant but would quite happily legalise state sanctioned murder. NSC, how we love thee :lolol:

You could of course extend it out further by introducing a poll on abortion.

Any voters that are anti Capital Punishment but pro Abortion surely have a circle to square?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could of course extend it out further by introducing a poll on abortion.

Any voters that are anti Capital Punishment but pro Abortion surely have a circle to square?

I am anti CP and pro-abortion. I don’t see that I have a circle to square. Please do explain?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The studios not big enough :lol:

But in all seriousness of the 28 who have so far voted for it, I know a number of those people and they are level headed individuals whose opinion I respect, so surely one each would be enough?

By having one person representing each point of view, you present an illusion that each side has an equal weight of opinion behind it - the trap that the BBC regularly falls into, especially over climate change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here