Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Capital One Cup - Round 2 Draw

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So if we are seeded we are pretty much guaranteed a draw against a shit team with a small crowd wto watch our reserves (and therefore quite possibly lose).
If not seeded we are most likely to get a good side attracting a decent crowd to watch our first team (with a fair chance of winning if the BPL "superstars" take us as lightly as we did Southend).

Know which I'd rather :shrug:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Leeds are never going to be in the unseeded ( right column) wi and their seeded, loose and their out.....its not rocket science

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would be an immense night! I'd love to draw them at home. Just imagine if we did win...... :)

We'd be through to the next round of a tinpot cup, trying DESPERATELY to lord it over them for it...and they'd just point out their last visit to the Amex, and blow us out of the water.

No. I do not want Palace. Its a lose/lose.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
We'd be through to the next round of a tinpot cup, trying DESPERATELY to lord it over them for it...and they'd just point out their last visit to the Amex, and blow us out of the water.

No. I do not want Palace. Its a lose/lose.

True, most fans would. Me, I'd say nothing. There are a few palace fans that I work with. The silence would be deafening. It's a win/win for me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Who do we WANT though?

Leeds out, be seeded, so avoid top 24 sides and hopefully secure an 'easy' passage through R2?

Leeds through, be unseeded, get a Prem side in R2, and make a couple of quid early doors?

Because the GLAMOROUS Prem sides are not in until R3, so there's no chance of a trip to Old Trafford / Emirates, etc, I'm in the former camp.

Come on DONNY.

Beat Newcastle at home - easy, we've done it before.

Then Emirates for Arsenal - simples.

But with a sensible head on, I would have to agree with you.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Leeds are never going to be in the unseeded ( right column) wi and their seeded, loose and their out.....its not rocket science

Spelling, on the other hand, does appear to be rocket science...:)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But there's no either /or for Donny. No matter how many goals they beat Leeds by, or if they lose, they'll still be in the right hand column. They're never going to be seeded.
So, Donny always in the right hand column, and depending on tonight's result, it'll be either us or Leeds in the right hand column with them.

yes.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
This would be the tinpot competition that saw Sheff U in the semis last year and Bradford City in the final the year before. Give me a day out at Wembley any day.......

We'd all take that but realistically is it gonna happen? More chance of Baldock doing his cruciate in the cold mud in Hartlepool as we stumble through on penalties.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
This would be the tinpot competition that saw Sheff U in the semis last year and Bradford City in the final the year before. Give me a day out at Wembley any day.......

Sunderland got there the year before, Bradford year before that, but yes you are correct as a Sunderland fan that is possibly the best game I have been to, a cup final at Wembley cannot be beaten by anything including beating the mags 5 times in a row.

As a fan those days will not be taken away especially through the dark days of supporting a club

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Heard on the radio Leeds have never lost a league cup tie in the first round.

That's a Donny win nailed then

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Spelling, on the other hand, does appear to be rocket science...:)

You have got me by the short and curlies there, in my defence the misspelling of win is a glaring error but surely loose is the correct spelling, well according to most of nsc it is

(actually it was down to not looking at what autocorrect was changing)

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Let's hope that it is not a popular away game that will be oversubscribed, as the loyalty points have not changed since last season. Next round is less than 2 weeks away, so could be ticket office meltdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here