[Albion] Can't use your Ajax ticket now? Let the club know and give someone else a chance...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Guess they think you’d be stopping someone else attending when demand way exceeds supply
If someone can’t be arsed to send a simple email then some form of sanction isn’t OTT imo.
No idea what's ‘valid’
I don't think sending a simple email is a problem.

Dear Ticket office

I won't be in Amsterdam

Love from SFC....

What i have a problem with is the potential ramifications of that non attendance...... I think its just another excuse to sell the ticket again... (or buy the insurance) - why don't I get the same email at every single "sold out" home game.... Or man City away on Saturday, or any other game that's sold out...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why should i be punished for not attending? - What's a "valid" excuse for non attendance? - If I buy a ticket with good intentions to travel and these circumstances change, why am I likely to face "sanctions" ? - I've done nothing wrong.... When I bought the ticket i had every intention to attend.. things have now changed -.. I'm not even asking for a refund... I'm just being told that I have to attend and will face sanctions for non conformance? -

I break my leg on the way airport? - Do I get a pass?
I oversleep and miss my flight? -= do I get a pass?

who's playing judge and Jury?

its utter bullshit IMO...
Again, nothing but my guesses...

1. They would like to have some notice of non-attendance in order that tickets can be re-sold, and allow the buyers a chance to make travel plans.
2. If you let them know later on that you can't go, you will still be doing the right thing, it may just be difficult for the club to get that ticket moved onto someone else.
3. You won't have to give any reason at all for non-attedance. if you can't go just let the club know so they can do their best to try and fill the seat.

I can only view this from the perspective of the whole fanbase. This is one of the most in-demand games in the history of the club, and we should be doing all we can to leave no empty seats when there are a lot of people who are begging to go.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why all the references to T2 window, this is for the Ajax away game where T2 was 2 October.

Yes any resales will be T1 and T2 for Ajax away.

I can understand not allocating the points if you fail to attend, but a punishment if you don't attend is harsh in the extreme. There would be loads of valid reasons for not attending.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If tickets are returned when would they go on resale. I presume it would be open to Tiers one and two.
From reading social media it appears hundreds are travelling without a match ticket.
As said before the club are only acting on what was said before purchasing a ticket, I wasn't that suprised to receive the email.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why all the references to T2 window, this is for the Ajax away game where T2 was 2 October.

Yes any resales will be T1 and T2 for Ajax away.

I can understand not allocating the points if you fail to attend, but a punishment if you don't attend is harsh in the extreme. There would be loads of valid reasons for not attending.
Good point re Ajax not Athens :facepalm: :laugh:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Return your ticket or get sanctioned, no refund though.

Oh and if you find out you can't go a fortnight before the game, tough. 23rd October is the latest you can tell us. And midday, not at 2pm, no sir.

What a bloody odd email. Good intentions but something of a joke
What good intentions? I don't see any.
If you can't go you must give us your ticket for free or you will be subject to sanctions. Then we will sell the ticket again. This is appalling and bordering on illegal.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Again, nothing but my guesses...

1. They would like to have some notice of non-attendance in order that tickets can be re-sold, and allow the buyers a chance to make travel plans.
2. If you let them know later on that you can't go, you will still be doing the right thing, it may just be difficult for the club to get that ticket moved onto someone else.
3. You won't have to give any reason at all for non-attedance. if you can't go just let the club know so they can do their best to try and fill the seat.

I can only view this from the perspective of the whole fanbase. This is one of the most in-demand games in the history of the club, and we should be doing all we can to leave no empty seats when there are a lot of people who are begging to go.

I've no problem telling them if I can't make it for whatever reason, i think the point being missed is The club are clearly stating that If you can't attend you may face sanctions?

fine for the club to do their best to fill the seat, however why not give me a refund then? - why do I need to Justify my reason for non attendance. As i stated earlier, where is the confirmed list for acceptable non attendance? - Are you seriously going to punish me for not attending because something happens that changes my situation away from my orignal plans? - Absolute rubbish.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's no indication you need to give a reason.

It's really quite simple: if something comes up, at any time, email the club to tell them you can't go. Another Albion fan may get to go instead, and you'll have helped them out. Bask in the warm glow of selflessness.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've no problem telling them if I can't make it for whatever reason, i think the point being missed is The club are clearly stating that If you can't attend you may face sanctions?
I'm not sure if there's some crossed wires here.

A sanction would only happen, potentially, if you don't go and you've not let them know. With thousands of Albion fans wanting to go to this game, all they're asking is you take two minutes to email them if something comes up.

1. You then won't face any sanctions.
2. They'll try to give someone else a chance to go to the game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I got this and thought why the heavy handed approach? A very simple email as a reminder just saying 'a lot of people want to go and didn't get tickets so if you now know you are not going then please return ticket 'would be much nicer and customer focussed. The root problem though is the club doesn't have a proper returns system for away games, not difficult to fix in most cases. Also they know whose going and they have a record of attendance for people so why send it to people who have a proven record of past attendance? And let's face it who knows what is going to happen in the next 2 weeks or so.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
There's no indication you need to give a reason.

It's really quite simple: if something comes up, at any time, email the club to tell them you can't go. Another Albion fan may get to go instead, and you'll have helped them out. Bask in the warm glow of selflessness.
- I've no problems with the part of returning my ticket if I know i can't attend now. Of course that is the right thing to do and I'd be more than happy to do this to allow someone else to attend. its the "sanctions" part that i have a massive issue with.......

Perhaps the communication about sanctions isn't very clear..... I've read it as - if you don't attend, you will be sanctioned.. -doesn't say if you don't attend and don't email us you will be sanctioned...

The actual line says "failure to attend the match could result in future match ticket sanctions" - doesn't mention failing to email us - it mentions failing to not attend......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What good intentions? I don't see any.
If you can't go you must give us your ticket for free or you will be subject to sanctions. Then we will sell the ticket again. This appalling and bordering on illegal.
Well I’m reading it as you’re risking a sanction if you don’t tell them.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Presumably a reaction to the alleged 100 no-shows in Marseille, when the club had no system in place to resell them at such a late stage. Appreciate that there wouldn’t have been many takers, if any, but Ajax will be different.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
the actual email says ...."failure to attend the match could result in future match ticket sanctions"

no mention about emailing them in that specific line....
1.23. If a Ticket Holder does not collect their Ticket for an Away Match, or is otherwise unable to attend an UEFA Europa League 2023/24 match for which they have purchased as Away Ticket, they must let the Club know as soon as possible to return their Ticket. No refunds will be given. Sanctions may apply if the Ticket Holder fails to notify the Club that they will not be attending an Away Match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports