Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can't use your Ajax ticket now? Let the club know and give someone else a chance...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dear Darren,

Fan no: XXXXXXX

We are keen to ensure all ticket holders for Ajax away are still able to attend the match.

If for any reason you are unable to attend, please email us by return with your fan number and confirm which tickets you are unable to use by midday on Monday 23 October. This will allow another fan to attend in your place.

No refunds are available but failure to attend the match could result in future match ticket sanctions.

Thank you for your support

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dear Darren,

We are keen to ensure all ticket holders for Ajax away are still able to attend the match.

If for any reason you are unable to attend, please email us by return with your fan number and confirm which tickets you are unable to use by midday on Monday 23 October. This will allow another fan to attend in your place.

No refunds are available but failure to attend the match could result in future match ticket sanctions.

Just got that and I’m not even called Darren.

This is basically going to be a smug “I’m still going” thread, innit?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just got that and I’m not even called Darren.

This is basically going to be a smug “I’m still going” thread, innit?
Not at all.

I know some people don't always receive club emails and I know some people desperate to snap up a ticket if returns happen.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So where is this other fan being chosen from and given the ticket has been paid for what are they being charged for it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not at all.

I know some people don't always receive club emails and I know some people desperate to snap up a ticket if returns happen.
Only joking, me too re the second paragraph. I just can’t see too many giving their tickets up for this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not at all.

Like me.

Edit: I don't mean 'please like me'. I'm beyond all that ???. I mean that I am one such poor blind wanderer in the darkness, without a ticket, train and hotel; booked, and that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So where is this other fan being chosen from and given the ticket has been paid for what are they being charged for it?
My guess is that if/when the club have some returns they'll quietly slip them onto the ticketing system. Numbers will be small, as often happens with a few away games after the main sales window and a few returns or club tickets are not taken up, and it's a matter of right place/right time.

I would guess these return sales will be at the full ticket price.

Just my hunch - no inside info.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dear Darren,

I have that EXACT email 🤣

TBF, it’s only repeating what‘s already been published

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Return your ticket or get sanctioned, no refund though.

Oh and if you find out you can't go a fortnight before the game, tough. 23rd October is the latest you can tell us. And midday, not at 2pm, no sir.

What a bloody odd email. Good intentions but something of a joke
….yet precisely what we were told when we registered

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My guess is that if/when the club have some returns they'll quietly slip them onto the ticketing system. Numbers will be small, as often happens with a few away games after the main sales window and a few returns or club tickets are not taken up, and it's a matter of right place/right time.

I would guess these return sales will be at the full ticket price.

Just my hunch - no inside info.
They’ve done it now so they can get most of them in before Monday (T2 opening), so we won’t know how many have been returned 👍

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Name any other business where you the CUSTOMER..... get "punished" and sanctioned for not using something that YOU have bought and paid for and not used? - Why should I have to justify myself to the SELLER???

utterly ridiculous....
When I registered I read this, so not really ridiculous when demand far outstrips supply (imo, like).

If you purchase a ticket and then find yourself unable to travel, you MUST email supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com as early as possible.

Fans who do not collect tickets or attend the match may face sanctions including being unable to purchase the future away matches.

:shrug:

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
When I registered I read this, so not really ridiculous when demand far outstrips supply (imo, like).

If you purchase a ticket and then find yourself unable to travel, you MUST email supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com as early as possible.

Fans who do not collect tickets or attend the match may face sanctions including being unable to purchase the future away matches.

:shrug:
Why should i be punished for not attending? - What's a "valid" excuse for non attendance? - If I buy a ticket with good intentions to travel and these circumstances change, why am I likely to face "sanctions" ? - I've done nothing wrong.... When I bought the ticket i had every intention to attend.. things have now changed -.. I'm not even asking for a refund... I'm just being told that I have to attend and will face sanctions for non conformance? -

I break my leg on the way airport? - Do I get a pass?
I oversleep and miss my flight? -= do I get a pass?

who's playing judge and Jury?

its utter bullshit IMO...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why should i be punished for not attending? - What's a "valid" excuse for non attendance? -
Guess they think you’d be stopping someone else attending when demand way exceeds supply
If someone can’t be arsed to send a simple email then some form of sanction isn’t OTT imo.
No idea what's ‘valid’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here