Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can't use your Ajax ticket now? Let the club know and give someone else a chance...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
1 - reasonable
2 - Unreasonable... (although its not as black and white as that either...) - If i know 1/2 weeks beforehand then its reasonable to expect me to contact them.. even if they can't re-sell my ticket.. I shouldn't face sanctions or even be threatened with sanctions for non attendance. IMO Its not up to the club to act as judge and jury on confirming if my reason for non attendance is acceptable or not..... that's the whole point......

I also agree the club should not issue refunds... Don't have a problem at all with no refunds being provided for non attendance as a result of circumstance change... That's on you not the club...
As far as I can see the club haven’t asked you to give a reason for non attendance, just to let them know if you can’t attend.

It is entirely up to the club who they sell tickets to and if they decide not to sell tickets for particular game to someone who didn’t follow their instructions so be it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But if there's still a slim chance they could make it, they may feel they would rather hold onto the ticket to see if they go, rather than give the ticket back for free. And I wouldn't blame them.
If there's that chance, then yes obviously.

But if I had a ticket and even a slim chance of attending, I'd be holding on to it even if there WAS a financial incentive to return it :shrug:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think like the majority I had and still have 100% intention of attending this match and it would have to be something really bad or out of my control to prevent me attending. When I read the email the wording about sanctions for non-attendees, it did strike me as harsh, even if that was not the intention.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
But if there's still a slim chance they could make it, they may feel they would rather hold onto the ticket to see if they go, rather than give the ticket back for free. And I wouldn't blame them.

But if I had a ticket and even a slim chance of attending, I'd be holding on to it even if there WAS a financial incentive to return it :shrug:

.....until you know that you can't make it.
That's when you email the club.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
As far as I can see the club haven’t asked you to give a reason for non attendance, just to let them know if you can’t attend.

It is entirely up to the club who they sell tickets to and if they decide not to sell tickets for particular game to someone who didn’t follow their instructions so be it.

I can only assume you and others in this thread are happy to advocate that someone should face possible sanctions for not attending a football match with a ticket they bought?

I find that quite a staggering situation and that people are supporting that its ok for fans to be potentially banned (which lets be honest is what the sanctions are likely to be) cause you didn't attend a match for a ticket that you bought.......

I respect yours (and the others who have commented in this thread) that appear to take this line. I just wholeheartedly disagree completely.....

I've not seen one logical argument explaining how this is ok.....

Last edited:

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
But as Bozza has said, if they email the club for e.g 48 hours before, it doesn't seem like there would be any sanctions.
I tell the club I'm not attending on Tuesday 7th November afternoon via email and all will be ok will it? I don't face any sanctions going forward or anything? (I'm not expecting a refund either) I just get a "thanks for letting us know automated email?.... Is that what you are saying is going to happen?

You've advised I don't have to supply a reason. Club are just going to accept that are they? -

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

And I think that most people would be the same.

But I am sure there is at least a small number of people that would be willing to give up their chance if they got their money back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But as Bozza has said, if they email the club for e.g 48 hours before, it doesn't seem like there would be any sanctions.
I give up. I’m done with this thread.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I tell the club I'm not attending on Tuesday 7th November afternoon via email and all will be ok will it? I don't face any sanctions going forward or anything? (I'm not expecting a refund either) I just get a "thanks for letting us know automated email?.... Is that what you are saying is going to happen?

You've advised I don't have to supply a reason. Club are just going to accept that are they? -

Yup

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The club are trying to encourage people to not speculatively buy tickets when they have little serious intention of actually going.

For some people, spaffing £30 on a ticket and then actually not actually go is no big deal. But that obviously prevents someone else buying the ticket actually going, whcih is a big deal.

That the primary aim of this measure, not to penalise fans who cant go last minute for whatever reason.

The club also say "could" face sanctions, not "will" face sanctions, which is quite different....

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I can only assume you and others in this thread are happy to advocate that someone should face possible sanctions for not attending a football match with a ticket they bought?

I find that quite a staggering situation and that people are supporting that its ok for fans to be potentially banned (which lets be honest is what the sanctions are likely to be) cause you didn't attend a match for a ticket that you bought.......

I respect yours (and the others who have commented in this thread) that appear to take this line. I just wholeheartedly disagree completely.....

I've not seen one logical argument explaining how this is ok.....
The reason you've not seen any logical refutation of your position is that your position isn't very logical itself. You're scaremongering with all this stuff about being banned and being punished. It's been said dozens of times here, that the club's request is very simple. Please let them know if you're not going so that they can pass on the ticket. It's no big deal. There will be a small minority of cases where someone knows only at the last minute that they can't go. If they're unable to tell the club in time I'm sure they can explain their situation. And if they've no good reason? Tough shit. They may have to sit out the next game. It's not a life-changing event. But this is just not worth getting so emotional about. You're overdoing it.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
The reason you've not seen any logical refutation of your position is that your position isn't very logical itself. You're scaremongering with all this stuff about being banned and being punished. It's been said dozens of times here, that the club's request is very simple. Please let them know if you're not going so that they can pass on the ticket. It's no big deal. There will be a small minority of cases where someone knows only at the last minute that they can't go. If they're unable to tell the club in time I'm sure they can explain their situation. And if they've no good reason? Tough shit. They may have to sit out the next game. It's not a life-changing event. But this is just not worth getting so emotional about. You're overdoing it.
Another dismissive response with no reasonable counter argument.. "tough shit" apparently is the response to not going to future games cause you missed this one as a result of a car crash or breaking your leg the day before the game which caused you to miss the game..

How have i scaremongered?... The CLUB sent the email about being sanctioned....

You've so missed the point being made... - thou club can do no wrong.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another dismissive response with no reasonable counter argument.. "tough shit" apparently is the response to not going to future games cause you missed this one as a result of a car crash or breaking your leg the day before the game which caused you to miss the game..

How have i scaremongered?... The CLUB sent the email about being sanctioned....

You've so missed the point being made... - thou club can do no wrong.....
I remain respectful of your position, but I am still completely amazed by it.

I speak to people at the club a fair bit, including Jenny Gower who heads up Supporter Services, which encompasses ticketing. They are genuinely good people, working hard for the benefit of the fanbase as a whole. Sometimes decisions that are best for thousands of people may not be absolutely the best for a few individual people within that population.

They don't want to punish fans.

They don't want to stop people from going to games.

They do want to try to make sure as many Albion fans as possible can go to the biggest games in our club's history.

If you have some sort of emergency immediately preceding the game that means you can't go and are unable to communicate that to the club, I have no doubt they will be reasonable and understanding if and when you subsequently speak to them when the time comes.

Last night's email was clumsily worded, I won't dispute that, but I understand what is trying to be achieved. Like @Herr Tubthumper - I'll leave this here. I think the club are doing the right thing for the fanbase as a whole, and should ensure very few tickets go to waste.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...other than to add that in my eyes the club do get things wrong sometimes. I'll say so on here and/or tell them directly.

For me at least, this isn't one of those occasions.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Yes, which is why people don’t understand why you are getting so het up about it. You are reading something into it that isn’t there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here