Can't get my seat for Gills Cup Game - sold out! - NO IT ISN'T

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
A little perturbed… I'm a new STH, so only have 1,000 points

I log on to the ticket system just now but the Gills Cup game is sold out already so I can't get my seat before I even have the opportunity to buy (next week)?!!

Presumably lots of people with more than a 1,000 points bought more than one ticket…

So, will I ever be able to get my seat for a home cup game? :down:

:ohmy:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The games are showing as SOLD OUT because there aren't any available for non-STHs. Wait until your opportunity to buy and then click "Add My Reserved Seat".

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Your seat will not have been sold for the Gills game - that's pretty much impossible.

I guess the 'sold out' error is just poor messaging on the website, and it really should say ' ticket unavailable for purchase at this time '...

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
ahh, ok!

Actually I tried to Reserve My seat and it did, but also came up with three unknown errors and I couldn't checkout! :p

I'm in Spain next week…. let's hope I can get an Internet connection!

:cheers:

Cheers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This "sold out" query has cropped up so many times today. It really is misleading, as AMEXican Wave says it should make it clearer that its just a case that you can't buy the ticket at that time due to the priority period.

Really quite poor that, and needs sorting.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This "sold out" query has cropped up so many times today. It really is misleading, as AMEXican Wave says it should make it clearer that its just a case that you can't buy the ticket at that time due to the priority period.

Really quite poor that, and needs sorting.

Indeed. Sold Out was entirely the wrong phrase to use. There should have been a warning, an 'UNAVAILABLE' icon and directions of where to go if you were a priority.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
agreed; looks like they rushed the usability testing…plus getting unknown error messages and it adds the ticket to your basket!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
No priority for Gills game is there??? If your a season ticket holder your seat is reserved till end of july i think so you can get it whenever you want. Then on sale to non STH.

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton
Am I just being dumb but I'm not understanding why a Withdean STH gets preference over a new Amex STH when you can only get your own seat anyway. Can't see the advantage there at all so why not put the tickets on sale to all of us at the same time?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Thinking about it, if season ticket holders could only purchase their own seat at this time, there was really no reason why the Gills match shouldn't have allowed 1000 pointers to purchase today - no one else can get your seat anyway until general availability kicks in..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was going to buy the Spurs tickets for me and my lad (who is U16), but like many others it seems, his ticket was down at the full adult price for some reason, so I've left it for now in the hope that they sort out that glitch by the next time I try. I really REALLY don't want to get on the phone if I can help it.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
No priority for Gills game is there??? If your a season ticket holder your seat is reserved till end of july i think so you can get it whenever you want. Then on sale to non STH.
Thanks Smythe. Come to think of it, I'm sure I saw that somewhere now! Cheers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Am I just being dumb but I'm not understanding why a Withdean STH gets preference over a new Amex STH when you can only get your own seat anyway. Can't see the advantage there at all so why not put the tickets on sale to all of us at the same time?

Because the Spurs game is a ramp-up limited capacity (17k), so not necessarily ALL Amex STH's will be able to get their tickets.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm banking on Gills not selling out as I need to start making loyalty points (plus, I am desperate to see us in AMEX!!!!!) and I miss the first lot of games due to weddings and stag dos. :tantrum:

Edit: What the f*** is that? Where is the normal tantrum smiley!?

Selling tickets in batches, based on priority groups, will ensure that the processing phase of the transaction can be staggered, by avoiding everyone having to be dealt with at the same time. Seems sensible to me.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
A little perturbed… I'm a new STH, so only have 1,000 points

I log on to the ticket system just now but the Gills Cup game is sold out already so I can't get my seat before I even have the opportunity to buy (next week)?!!

Presumably lots of people with more than a 1,000 points bought more than one ticket…

So, will I ever be able to get my seat for a home cup game? :down:

:ohmy:

Bloody JCLS :)

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Tried this morning still saying sold out and I have more than 1250 loyalty points! Will try another day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports