Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cannot stop smiling, effin buzzing!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yep. There have been many emotional moments over the years, but ransacking the likes of Chelsea and ManUre still had a slight 'lottery ticket' feel to them.

Last night we ended the group stages of a European competition by going top with a win against Marseilles. Top. Goal. Bosh. Top. The product of game after game of relentlessness (after losing match 1). Top.

I did have a little something in my eye, but it was a different something to previous somethings. We had done it again, won an epic match, not to save ourselves, but to win the group and progress to the knock outs. Up another notch. Not by luck or pluck but by being exceptionally good. Smart. With kids (and later on a couple of plucky geriatrics, to be fair).

Yep. Still buzzing. And I'm a "class of 1969" veteran of 54 years. So I ought to know better, and be sneering languidly, complacent and jaded. Oops!

Top.
And the plucky geriatrics played their part: a bit of calm solidity, Milner solid and Lallana flicking out passes in dangerous central positions. Good subs, RDZ, it's what we needed in that moment to calm us 👍.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And the plucky geriatrics played their part: a bit of calm solidity, Milner solid and Lallana flicking out passes in dangerous central positions. Good subs, RDZ, it's what we needed in that moment to calm us 👍.
My brother said when he made those subs “I don’t understand that.”
but RDZ knows what he’s doing
:dezerbi:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Yep. That fixture and that goal is definitely a 'lifer' for me. Up there with Virgo v Swindon & Ulloa v Forest, and a few more similar examples.

I will remember and watch that goal over and over again for the rest of my days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I normally clap loudly and may include a Chris H fist pump if Albion score a special goal. Yesterday I let out a muffled whoop as well and waggled my legs off the ground.

Excitimis Maximus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here