Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cancelled Season Tickets

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just as well keep the season tickets now until the end of the season if you have to pay for them regardless, then don't renew again. I'm sure you'll get some use out of them. I can understand your frustrations, but I guess the club has to have the same rules for everyone otherwise it'll be chaos.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have supported the Albion for 40 years and I have held at least two season tickets since 1984, with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham. I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7. I had hoped, over the years for my children to attend more and more matches but alas they are not keen. I upgrade my sons tickets when they do not attend and bring guest, some of whom have since become Albion fans. However, this season the club have limited me to 7 upgrades per season and this is a problem as I cannot now use my sons tickets when they do not attend. I approached the club to reconsider this position. I tried to explain to my predicament and they refused to help.In the end I was left with no choice other than to cancel all the tickets and now have the club threatening to take me to court. A sorry tale and I now no longer attend matches and in light of my treatment as a point of principle I will never go again. This is aanother example of the club being a cumbersome corporate entity with no regard for their real fans and I know other feel like this, if you feel this way too I strongly recommend you let the club know.It is a shame as if we go up and the club find themselves at the wrong end of the table with dwindling crowds, I would have be one of he ones to stick with them; I wonder how many of the new Amex fans would do this?

I can actually see and understand the agrievement you feel but I understand the club position and if that's the rules then that's the rules.

O wouldn't have ruined one of your real leisure enjoyments over this issue though. You should have continued writing to different people at the club to see if you got a different response; however what you really should have done is analyse whether the kids are going to miss a lot more than 7 games then you should really buy 3 Adult tickets and when your guests take the place of your children then you should ask them to contribute towards the increased cost which you incur by buying 3 adult tickets as opposed to 1 adult and 2 children's tickets.

Alternatively beat your kids for not attending..............................I jest about that part of course !!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just as well keep the season tickets now until the end of the season if you have to pay for them regardless, then don't renew again. I'm sure you'll get some use out of them. I can understand your frustrations, but I guess the club has to have the same rules for everyone otherwise it'll be chaos.

Very much this really.

I've had an adult and an under 18 in WSU since we moved from Withdean.

My under 18 is now 16 and working on a Saturday so he just doesn't go nowadays.

I've never grumbled that I'm paying £280 for nothing this year.

However, his will be cancelled next year and will leave a single seat in the row. That will be unsalable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7. I had hoped, over the years for my children to attend more and more matches but alas they are not keen. I upgrade my sons tickets when they do not attend and bring guest, some of whom have since become Albion fans.

Did you REALLY start taking your twin boys to the Amex when they were two or three years old? Fair play if you did. Though I'm thinking they were probably even less keen then than they are now. That's quite a few upgrades over the years perhaps? ???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't have the time to read every message, so apols if this has been covered.

Why do so many people think they have some kind of monthly subscription which they can cancel at any time? And then moan when they can't?

You BUY the season ticket (and accept terms) before August. It just so happens, the club lets you pay for it over 10 months.

If you break the contract you've agreed to, you get penalised. If you won't pay the penalty, you may get taken to court. Straightforward, really.

"I've realised my sons don't like football..."
"I've realised my sons don't like me..."
"I'm moving abroad..."
"I've remembered I can't make many Saturday games..."
"I'm skint..."
"I've realised we're not very good [last season]..."
"I can't get over the iron-on sponsor on the kit..."

Yeah, whatever.

There must have been a few instances where the flexible approach was being abused by some, it is a shame that even after the club try and help that someone wants to save a tenner here and there.
Would people be happy if the number of permitted upgrades directly correlated to the number of evening games?
I fear not.

Yes I would - I am in this situation to be honest and her indoors wants the kids early in bed on a school night.

If we only had 4 games moved from Saturday (or Sunday) I'd be happy if the limit was 4 - but if it's more it should be more.

It seems the sensible solution - and I just worry genuine parents might be being disadvantaged by a small number of sharp practisers who only wanted the use a season ticket half the time.

Another way of doing it I guess is if you go beyond 6 charge a bit more - some flexibility would solve this

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I have not had a chance to read all the replies, however:

1) To all those who read the post and took it in the manner meant, thank you.
2) To all those who read the post and posted messages of support thank you.
3) To all those who read the post and posted constructive criticism thank you, even if I do not agree.
4) For all those bed wetting cyber geek troll newbies who can only see as far as the bilge the club feeds them and have no original thought, go and play with yourselves because you definitely do not have a partner!

I am off and I am also cancelling my NSC account, before the moderator enforces the issue!

For the record, at some stage I suspect Albion may get to the Premier League, although not this season but it will only last as long as Tony's money and as soon as he has had enough, the dream will be over.

Shabba

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
LOVE a good flounce

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I have to say that's a rather surprising flounce.

However, I still reckon that statty bro, the bike bore, is a tosser. :bowdown:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
At what point did using the expression "der" as an adult become acceptable? Because last time I heard it, I was 7, and was usually prefixed by the term "chinny reckon". Which, in fairness, is probably what I would say to the OP in respect of most of his initial post.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am off and I am also cancelling my NSC account, before the moderator enforces the issue!

Seems to be a pattern here in that if the OPs view is not accepted he disappears in a huff never to be seen again.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That was almost a text book flounce. Angry message about a point of principle, series of rude posts towards other users, gone

D

Deleted User X18H

Not in the top three flounces though.

And no where near as legendary as 'Kuipers testimonial '

Channel 4 are rumoured to be in post production for 100 top NSC flounces and bans.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
The new upgrade system has effected us. We now have semi dormant tkts. Also family and friends who would have upgraded but will not pay full price. Also family who can't attend all matches because they don't live down there. The club and us have definitely lost with regards to us. We have 10 seasons tkts.
There should be a guest tkt system to catch people in our scenario.

However if the stadium was full I would totally accept the 7 upgrade system.

A more personalised service would benefit everyone. There are many circumstances where the world should not be solely run by accountants.

We are fans!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You forgot "....gone, but not actually deactivated his account at all"
He'll probably be back in 6 months demanding to know why Bozza is taking him to court.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
At what point did using the expression "der" as an adult become acceptable? Because last time I heard it, I was 7, and was usually prefixed by the term "chinny reckon". Which, in fairness, is probably what I would say to the OP in respect of most of his initial post.

You are a der brain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here