Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cancelled Season Tickets

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have not had a chance to read all the replies, however:

1) To all those who read the post and took it in the manner meant, thank you.
2) To all those who read the post and posted messages of support thank you.
3) To all those who read the post and posted constructive criticism thank you, even if I do not agree.
4) For all those bed wetting cyber geek troll newbies who can only see as far as the bilge the club feeds them and have no original thought, go and play with yourselves because you definitely do not have a partner!

I am off and I am also cancelling my NSC account, before the moderator enforces the issue!

For the record, at some stage I suspect Albion may get to the Premier League, although not this season but it will only last as long as Tony's money and as soon as he has had enough, the dream will be over.

Shabba

I'm surprised you are a father because this is the post of a child grizzling and stamping his foot in the primary school playground.

Your abuse in previous posts, and in point 4 of this one, lose you all credibility and sympathy.

The Club and NSC will be fine without you.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The new upgrade system has effected us. We now have semi dormant tkts. Also family and friends who would have upgraded but will not pay full price. Also family who can't attend all matches because they don't live down there. The club and us have definitely lost with regards to us. We have 10 seasons tkts.
There should be a guest tkt system to catch people in our scenario.

However if the stadium was full I would totally accept the 7 upgrade system.

A more personalised service would benefit everyone. There are many circumstances where the world should not be solely run by accountants.

We are fans!

I see your point about us all being fans, rather than customers, and your perception that the new rule has hit you. Am I missing something here -if we are fans, then why won't family and friends pay full price to upgrade? My son in law works shifts and so only manages about 7 or 8 games, so he just buys a ticket. If folk don't live here, why have they bought a season ticket. If you as an adult have bought a ticket, and can't go, thus making it available to a friend, say, why does it need upgrading? I am NOT being cynical here -just wondering.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If fans want to take their kids to matches but unsure if they will be keen to go, why not buy the adult st, and pay for the kids matches when they actually want to go.

The club should be able to move the ST should the seats next to their usual one be taken. If they are enjoying it, then buy a half season ticket.

I suspect most of our longer term fans who started going as a kid where never ST holders (at the Goldstone) and in fact, most of the adults weren't either.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

3) To all those who read the post and posted constructive criticism thank you, even if I do not agree.
4) For all those bed wetting cyber geek troll newbies who can only see as far as the bilge the club feeds them and have no original thought, go and play with yourselves because you definitely do not have a partner!

I am off and I am also cancelling my NSC account, before the moderator enforces the issue!

For the record, at some stage I suspect Albion may get to the Premier League, although not this season but it will only last as long as Tony's money and as soon as he has had enough, the dream will be over.

Shabba

:lolol:

Flounce-tastic.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Early contender for FLOUNCE of the year :clap2:

This is what NSC is all about, keep up the good work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Shabba

Excellent work. You really do let rip from bullet point 4 onwards. Tip-top flounce Sir

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Early contender for FLOUNCE of the year :clap2:

This is what NSC is all about, keep up the good work.

Indeed. The bar is set very high and it's only the 2nd week of Jan.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't have the time to read every message, so apols if this has been covered.

Why do so many people think they have some kind of monthly subscription which they can cancel at any time? And then moan when they can't?

You BUY the season ticket (and accept terms) before August. It just so happens, the club lets you pay for it over 10 months.

If you break the contract you've agreed to, you get penalised. If you won't pay the penalty, you may get taken to court. Straightforward, really.

"I've realised my sons don't like football..."
"I've realised my sons don't like me..."
"I'm moving abroad..."
"I've remembered I can't make many Saturday games..."
"I'm skint..."
"I've realised we're not very good [last season]..."
"I can't get over the iron-on sponsor on the kit..."

Yeah, whatever.

Well no, not really. The important point here is that the terms accepted in August did effectively allow unlimited upgrades, and these terms were changed mid-season. I think its oinly fair to allow the ST to be cancelled mid-season if the bearer wants in response to this, and I'd be very surpirised if the club took him to court.

Still, it was a good flounce.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well no, not really. The important point here is that the terms accepted in August did effectively allow unlimited upgrades, and these terms were changed mid-season. I think its oinly fair to allow the ST to be cancelled mid-season if the bearer wants in response to this, and I'd be very surpirised if the club took him to court.

Without checking I thought the T&C implied every upgrade was at the club's discression ? ???

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Where does it state that a season ticket can upgrade as many times as he wants?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be a terrible idea the club taking him to court.

I would support him.
The OP never actually stated why this was threatened.
Although he did say it wasn't just a case of him only cancelling DD and not talking to the club.

I wouldn't support anyone based solely on their NSC side of a story.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
The OP never actually stated why this was threatened.
Although he did say it wasn't just a case of him only cancelling DD and not talking to the club.

I wouldn't support anyone based solely on their NSC side of a story.

If someone wants to cancel their dd because of the new upgrade rules. Then the club took them to court. I would support the individual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here