Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cancelled Season Tickets

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Whilst I am sure that you basically love the Albion, you do not make an overwhelming case for being a loyal fan, and that also clearly applies to your sons, though one accepts that children do have other pursuits. But surely this is hardly the club's problem. They have shown flexibility to accommodate fans in your situation, with the " 7 rule" but there must be limits. It is quite clear that the system is being abused, as will always happen when money is involved, and though you may feel that your case is genuine, the club is also entitled to make a stand. You do not say, significantly, why the club is taking you to court - presumably because you have withheld cash owed, as per the T&Cs.

It is their problem if they want a new generation of fans

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
We are one of very few clubs in this division that allow upgrades at all. Some of the others limit it to 4 so 7 upgrades is quite generous. If after half a season youve used 7 upgrades then the option is there to upgrade the rest of the season to a full adult ticket.

Not if your kids want to come, der!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is exactly this sort of comment that sums you up

This is second time you have resounded to this post of mine. It was meant to be a joke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is their problem if they want a new generation of fans

As I understand it, your kids can come to all the daytime kick-offs, your friends can upgrade for 6 out of 8 evening matches, but because it's not 8 out of 8 you are stopping supporting the club?

I think the timing of the decision is poor by the club, but the decision itself seems proportionate and fair.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't Dick knight take over before we moved to Gillingham?

Whilst the agreement was in place, I don't think it happened officially until we were there. I seem to recall a leaflet popped into the programmes for a game there that announced the deal had been "formalised". I think less than 2,500 were at the game in question, so not many will remember (I've no idea what percentage bought programmes at Gillingham).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The club charter stated: "In instances where the Ticket Office agrees an upgrade can be implemented on a concessionary ticket price, the holder will be required to pay the pro rata difference between the concession season ticket price and the adult season ticket price rounded up to the closest £1."

I haven't upgraded _and_son's ticket many times over the 4 season's he's had it, but I'm sure that every time I have, I have been charged the difference between the equivalent MATCH DAY ticket prices.

Have I been ripped off?

#BarberOut

[Nah, seriously, probably only out of pocket by about £5 a year.... #BarberIn]

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
In this instance the 'lickers' are right though. I can only attend evening games so maybe I should buy a kids season ticket and just upgrade it for the evening games - it would save a fortune.

Maybe you should talk to the o/p and do a deal??

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm really piss'd off that the overwhelming majority have slagged the op here.

He's not trying to cheat anyone.

Once again NSC at it's finest jumping on a perceived weak one.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Funny. I dont read many slagging off the op. What I have seen in the last hour is a page of posts from the op slagging off others who have contributed to the discussion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny. I dont read many slagging off the op. What I have seen in the last hour is a page of posts from the op slagging off others who have contributed to the discussion

I slagged off the op and in hindsight it would seem I was bang on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here