Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you use an e-cig or Vapour thingy in the AMEX?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Probably was told that. Unfortunately the person that told him obviously had no knowledge.
I am a sparks, have installed fire alarm systems, and have spent the last two years on working on one of the most sophisticated systems out there. The system is used on government buildings, submarines etc. Having inquired and vaped next to smoke detectors and the Vesda system which sniffs the air and is a far far more sensitive system than the smoke detectors, i can assure you that your son was fed a load of smoke and mirrors.

I think it was there argument when the user's complained it was legal to use them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can see the issue the club have. From a distance you cannot tell if a fan is smoking or vaping so if there are 100 fans in a stand doing it they don't want to have to constantly check each one to make sure they are vaping and not smoking.

Is the correct answer. I'm a reasonably heavy smoker, but have no problem going a couple of hours at the footy without a fag.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can see your point with the E cigs that look like a real ciggy, but most use the type that have a battery of assorted colours, with a cartomiser attached...you'd have to be Stevie Wonder not to spot the difference.
I'm talking about the vapor rather than the equipment

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I get what you are saying, but for me i had tried many times to give up including Champix. I had smoked for nearly 40 years. Some of the E liquids do make you cough but if you buy a decent one or ones that suit, you don't.
I would almost definitely gone back to smoking if i was not on an E cig, and after 16 months i have not touched tobacco.

Doesn't matter if someone has smoked for 10 years or 40 years. You are both just as hooked as each other.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Are you disputing the fact that nicotine is highly toxic?

In that case I suggest you inject some up your arse and observe the results.

The Swedes have conducted a huge study looking at a type of high nicotine tobacco that doesn't contain the benzene and other nasty stuff present in typical fags.

They have shown that nicotine, when inhaled, even at high doses is not harmful.

It is a poison when ingested though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Swedes have conducted a huge study looking at a type of high nicotine tobacco that doesn't contain the benzene and other nasty stuff present in typical fags.

They have shown that nicotine, when inhaled, even at high doses is not harmful.

It is a poison when ingested though.

That's not what the government want to hear, especially as Kenneth Clarke is a director of British Tobacco, far better to slate vaping down, even though a top Prof has stuck up for it, so that the government can tax it and get revenue. Their excuse, it's harmful so we need to tax it to make people stop.....yeah right.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That's not what the government want to hear, especially as Kenneth Clarke is a director of British Tobacco, far better to slate vaping down, even though a top Prof has stuck up for it, so that the government can tax it and get revenue. Their excuse, it's harmful so we need to tax it to make people stop.....yeah right.

I was an early adopter for e cigs. Started trying them 9 years ago. They were nasty then.

Anyway. As time rolled forwards I followed the debate, have seen the argument develop and have reached the following conclusion.

The government took no interest when sales were small
The debate over safety has been resolved. Doctors are firmly of the view that, purely on harm reduction grounds, e cigs would save hundreds of thousands of lives lost to tobacco...they are arguing (broadly) that regulation should be avoided at all costs.
Sales are now starting to affect revenue from fags...tax is being lost at a significant rate...government starts to take an interest.
The MHRA start to talk about regulation (tax)
Medical opinion is now disregarded...don't worry that millions won't die of cancer, emphysema, furred arteries or vascular disease...wee losing TAX.
Demonisation of e cigs begins...bans on public use, health concerns, regulation, regulation, tax tax.

It just shows that smokers were right all long. The government makes so much revenue out of smokers, whether it be by direct taxation on cigarettes or from the pensions it saves from the fact that HALF of adult smokers will not collect their old age pension for more than three years! That they don't want smokers to quit. Despite hat they say and GOVERMENTS will shit if everyone stops smoking.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was an early adopter for e cigs. Started trying them 9 years ago. They were nasty then.

Anyway. As time rolled forwards I followed the debate, have seen the argument develop and have reached the following conclusion.

The government took no interest when sales were small
The debate over safety has been resolved. Doctors are firmly of the view that, purely on harm reduction grounds, e cigs would save hundreds of thousands of lives lost to tobacco...they are arguing (broadly) that regulation should be avoided at all costs.
Sales are now starting to affect revenue from fags...tax is being lost at a significant rate...government starts to take an interest.
The MHRA start to talk about regulation (tax)
Medical opinion is now disregarded...don't worry that millions won't die of cancer, emphysema, furred arteries or vascular disease...wee losing TAX.
Demonisation of e cigs begins...bans on public use, health concerns, regulation, regulation, tax tax.

It just shows that smokers were right all long. The government makes so much revenue out of smokers, whether it be by direct taxation on cigarettes or from the pensions it saves from the fact that HALF of adult smokers will not collect their old age pension for more than three years! That they don't want smokers to quit. Despite hat they say and GOVERMENTS will shit if everyone stops smoking.

Exactly, spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here