Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Misc] Can you translate (or decode) this?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Do we know what the "place" is and where is "here2?

Also who's are the initials?
The picture is of the Llyfnant Valley, Wales. I believe ED is her younger cousin. šŸ™‚

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Thatā€™s actually a really disappointing message! I was hoping for something a bit spicier. šŸ¤£ Great work though, I would never have got there! Looking at the family tree, I suspect itā€™s from her younger cousin, with the initials ED. Case closed.
That's about as spicey as you get from an (almost) Victorian post card

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That's about as spicey as you get from an (almost) Victorian post card
I donā€™t think the Victorians werenā€™t as prudish as is generally believed!

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Before telephones were widespread and there were about 8 daily collections from post boxes and multiple deliveries, postcards were used to make arrangements between friends, lovers etc to meet up the next day. So it's no wonder that people used code. Excellent sleuthing.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Before telephones were widespread and there were about 8 daily collections from post boxes and multiple deliveries, postcards were used to make arrangements between friends, lovers etc to meet up the next day. So it's no wonder that people used code. Excellent sleuthing.
Yes, I donā€™t reply to text messages, email or NSC posts as quickly as people did with hand-written letters back in the day. It amazes me when I read what the Post Office was capable of.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
As a female Teacher at the time she would not of been allowed to marry. Just saying.
I think she would have been allowed to marry, but not continue as a teacher. She never did marry, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here