Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you sign this petition in support of Bristol City. Ta

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wow! Top of the league and our supporters have forgotten to see past a few ignorant people and to think about the real supporters of Bristol City. Well done JCL wankers, spout off on this forum all you like. Don't forget where we have been.

Pawn-Stars-I-think-this-is-a-cool-story-bro-but-let-me-call-my-buddy-whos-an-expert-on-cool-stor.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wow! Top of the league and our supporters have forgotten to see past a few ignorant people and to think about the real supporters of Bristol City. Well done JCL wankers, spout off on this forum all you like. Don't forget where we have been.

JCL supporters would not have been there in the first place to " forget where we have been " :facepalm:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
City fans did themselves no favours that day. I was in a group with around five 13 year old lads. Most unpleasant. And anyone who thinks it was a few City fans was not there.

However, I still have time for them as a Club.

el punal

Where's this antipathy towards them come from? Club I'm indifferent towards personally. Prefer Rovers but back in the day you were more likely to have a scrap with them.

Try the day of the Play-Off final in 2004. I was driving down the M4 with both my daughters and their respective boyfriends. After Bristol the road was clogged with both City and Albion fans' cars. In front of us was a double decker bus full of Bristol nob heads lobbing bottles at us and giving us w*nker gestures. Pathetic! On the return journey, at one of the services, another bunch of Bristol tw*ts abusing an elderly couple who happened to be Albion fans.

Give me the Gas any day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blimey. Was our mini bus of fans at the play offs the only Albion fans not to get beaten up, spat at and verbally abused by City fans that day? Reading this thread it's sounds like we were! Still recall being stuck in a jam afterwards next to Danny Wilson. We didn't give him a hard time though, he was a class player for us back in the day and is very fond of us still.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Blimey! Once upon a time, long ago, I applied for a job in the transport department of Avon County Council to take charge of local rail development plans for Bristol. If only things had turned out differently, who knows? This station might have opened already.

They offered me the job, btw, but East Sussex gave me an attractive promotion, so I stayed in Sussex.

Cool story bro.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Shared a few bottles of red wine with a fella and his missus from Weston(pronounced Wesson, apparently) during a trip to Funchal a few years back. I was there with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary.
Him - " I thought all fans of Brighton were gay, you've proved me wrong"
Me - " I thought all Bristol City fans were stupid, now you've proved it"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Signed. Had no problems with their fans at the play-off final and, previously, at Ashton Gate...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I saw a Bristol City fan behead a Brighton fan outside the ground on that day.

They really did themselves no favours.

Really ?

I am surprised. I thought it was just over the top homophobic abuse. Grown men pointing at young teenage boys and shouting - do you take it up the arse ? Not in the ground - walking to the ground past the pubs. Blokes dropping their trousers on the queues in the motorway dropping their trousers and pointing up their arse. And more.

No-one died - and when Leon Knight scored it was never going to spoil the day - but it was not pleasant. And at a level not experienced previously with the Albion.

So you can belittle it. Fair enough. But unlike your beheading - it did happen.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Really ?

I am surprised. I thought it was just over the top homophobic abuse. Grown men pointing at young teenage boys and shouting - do you take it up the arse ? Not in the ground - walking to the ground past the pubs. Blokes dropping their trousers on the queues in the motorway dropping their trousers and pointing up their arse. And more.

No-one died - and when Leon Knight scored it was never going to spoil the day - but it was not pleasant. And at a level not experienced previously with the Albion.

So you can belittle it. Fair enough. But unlike your beheading - it did happen.

I think you're getting confused. It wasn't me who got beheaded. It was a fellow Brighton fan. An old innocent lady if you want the details. RIP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you check the Guiness book of records I think you'll find that Bristol City still hold the record from that play off final for the largest ever audition for the part of village idiot.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't really say I have any feelings about them one way or the other.

They've always tended to have a peculiar obsession with homophobia though. I can remember a group of us walking through some park or other near Ashton Gate and one guy screaming at the top of his voice "OI! YER ALL GAYERS! YOU TAKE IT ROIGHT UP THE ARSE!".

Which was nice. I don't think I'd ever heard an adult use the word "gayer" (as a noun) before that day.

Also, I noted on Tuesday night that one bloke made a real effort to get a chant of "Does Yer Boyfriend Know Yer 'Ere" from the away end. You could hear him from the WSU. Interestingly, it appears that human dignity and civilisation has started to reach Bristol (an otherwise fine city), as hardly anybody joined in, and he was shushed down fairly rapidly.

Those west country folk, eh? Crazy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw a Bristol City fan behead a Brighton fan outside the ground on that day.

They really did themselves no favours.

I think you've finally giving up your slight grip on reality.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
This is the proposed location.

image.jpeg

So it's single track with the capacity for 2 trains an hour. They use those weird bus/trains in that neck of the woods. Apparently they have s capacity of up to 120 seats. Shoehorn another 50 standing and you have a capacity of less than 400 an hour heading into Bristol TM.

It WILL be another Ricoh and therefore completely pointless as a stop for Aston Gate stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here