Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you sign this petition in support of Bristol City. Ta

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey! Once upon a time, long ago, I applied for a job in the transport department of Avon County Council to take charge of local rail development plans for Bristol. If only things had turned out differently, who knows? This station might have opened already.

They offered me the job, btw, but East Sussex gave me an attractive promotion, so I stayed in Sussex.

You could have ended up on the wrong side of the tracks.

April 2004, I was waiting alone, with the giant flag, whilst my other half went to fetch the car, and was surrounded by 4 little oiks who thought it was hilarious to aim homophobic abuse at me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Careful you don't end up with another Ricoh Arena whiter the purpose built station is embarrassingly closed on match days because it can't cope with even a small percentage of the number of fans

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No chance the only place i've been slapped at Football [3 times] and once as a 14 yr old. Despise The Teds ,sleeping giant more like a comatose old drunk.

No thanks after one their fans took a swing at me in Cardiff...

(He ended up on his arse)

No doubt did not see the match after the old bill carted him away, bless.

City fans are massive ***** in the main, great to get one over them on Tuesday, as for signing the petition.... No thanks.

Only place I've ever been clumped indiscriminately following the Albion so no, no I shant. Bloody wurzles.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Where's this antipathy towards them come from? Club I'm indifferent towards personally. Prefer Rovers but back in the day you were more likely to have a scrap with them.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Careful you don't end up with another Ricoh Arena whiter the purpose built station is embarrassingly closed on match days because it can't cope with even a small percentage of the number of fans

It's probably single track, so there's a very strong possibility that may be the case.

Parson Street is less than a mile away and no one uses it.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Remember after the play off final some young Bristol City fan having a go at me outside.............
Him..." Come on you fat c**t "

Me...." F**k you little **** "

Him...... " I'll see you Portugal " ( euros 2004 / England )

Me...." Highly unlikely "

Him " EH ? "

Me.... " I support Scotland ! "

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There was a thread after the Bristol City match with a link to their forum, one City fan was slagging off the transport links to the AMEX.
Ashton gate is miles fromTemple Meads, a station near the ground will help away fans obviously.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There was a thread after the Bristol City match with a link to their forum, one City fan was slagging off the transport links to the AMEX.
Ashton gate is miles fromTemple Meads, a station near the ground will help away fans obviously.

I like games at Bristol if only because it's much closer to a home game for me. I will certainly back the station plan if they will agree to ban that friggin' drum they insist on banging. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No thanks after one their fans took a swing at me in Cardiff...

(He ended up on his arse)

No doubt did not see the match after the old bill carted him away, bless.

I had a near silimar experience. No swing, but very unpleasant. I'm sure most of them are decent, but its the little things that matter. The 1970s was a long time ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where's this antipathy towards them come from? Club I'm indifferent towards personally. Prefer Rovers but back in the day you were more likely to have a scrap with them.

Sounds like they have a penchant for assault, as opposed to the more choreographed arrangements favoured by those who like that sort of thing. Likwise, Cardiff jumping on what they call scarfers (those who like that sort of thing don't wear club shirts and scarfs), as they did when we played there some years ago. What is it with the wild west?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
t1cz8.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So Bristol City are developing their stadium and as a result theres a local campaign to get an Ashton Gate station built on what will be a newly reopened train line.
The station would be a 3 minute walk from the ground and would benefit them loads.
I live local which is why Im interested.

Sign here. Ta.

http://ashtongatestation.org.uk

Signed. Purely on the grounds that I support the reopening of such railway lines, together with stations where they will be really useful. Both Bristol clubs are among the most unfiendly I have visited, but the infrastructure is more important than a few aggressive knuckle draggers - who I'm sure are a minority anyway.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm a pretty quiet person that tends to avoid most of the nonesence abuse at away games but the only time I've ended up in a slagging match is outside Ashton Gate. The issue is you can't take someone saying 'the end for you bummers is that way' in a Brizzle accent seriously.

So no thanks.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Wow! Top of the league and our supporters have forgotten to see past a few ignorant people and to think about the real supporters of Bristol City. Well done JCL wankers, spout off on this forum all you like. Don't forget where we have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here