Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you go a day without getting an earful from the Mrs?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure you really understand women! You will learn one day. :nono:

I think he is pretty close to the mark actually. I have been married 10 years and my missus doesn't nag me, I can go out when I want and do what I want (I consider the implication to her and the kids when I arrange stuff). In my experience fellas who get nagged and moaned at by their wives do just as much moaning, nagging and controlling as their missus. It is about mutual respect, consideration and looking after each other. I don't want my life to descend into some kind of stereotypical sitcom relationship and refuse to let it happen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think he is pretty close to the mark actually. I have been married 10 years and my missus doesn't nag me, I can go out when I want and do what I want (I consider the implication to her and the kids when I arrange stuff). In my experience fellas who get nagged and moaned at by their wives do just as much moaning, nagging and controlling as their missus. It is about mutual respect, consideration and looking after each other. I don't want my life to descend into some kind of stereotypical sitcom relationship and refuse to let it happen.

Bravo.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My lady is great .... Let's me watch as much footie as I want and even pretends to enjoy it.

Rarely gives me any grief... Does all the household chores and is a bit of a looker

No punch line !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've decided not to actively search for a lady. I'm at an important stage of my existence and things will be alot simpler without having to please someone else.

My last lady friend ensured that I worried too much about pleasing her, caring for her every whim, rather than pleasing myself (not like that). I am, probably, with myself for a lot longer than her, so one must look after themselves. I'm not actively seeking. My new phase (primary school teaching) will ensure that I meet many, many, many women along the lines. Happy to focus on myself for the time being without a 'missus' dragging me down.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No !!!

My last one is in pieces in a tea chest, in my wardrobe covered in air fresheners the little bitch !!

Signed Denis Nilsen !!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yep pretty much daily basis here as well. Could be something to do with the washing up, drink too much gin, watching too much crap tv etc etc.
Couldn't live without her though. Have been in plenty of relationships and have been married as well but she looks after me, stops me from doing stupid things, loves my kids and they love her.
Plus she understands my support of the Albion and has even come on away days. Job done

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep pretty much daily basis here as well. Could be something to do with the washing up, drink too much gin, watching too much crap tv etc etc.
Couldn't live without her though. Have been in plenty of relationships and have been married as well but she looks after me, stops me from doing stupid things, loves my kids and they love her.
Plus she understands my support of the Albion and has even come on away days. Job done

What do you do for her?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Most of the examples on this thread are of men who seem to think that being in a relationship means they can do exactly what they want, when they want.

I think it's a sad state of affairs if people are entering into relationships under the implicit agreement that they're giving up an adult freedom that (within the bounds of the law) they can do what they want, when they want. I live with my missis, but I certainly do what I want, when I want. It just so happens that a lot of the stuff I want to do is with her; she's great. I know I have a choice with what to do with my life, but more importantly my missis knows I have a choice and that I'm more than capable of exercising it. As a result she tends to make the time I spend with her as pleasant as possible, which means no nagging and loads of sex.

D

Deleted User X18H

My lady is great .... Let's me watch as much footie as I want and even pretends to enjoy it.

Rarely gives me any grief... Does all the household chores and is a bit of a looker

No punch line !

A lot of this is true.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I think personally you lot should worry about when your wives are NOT nagging - because in my experience its when we stop nagging its when we really don't care anymore!!!!

This, had not passed my by.

Still good to know others are getting shit for exactly the same stuff I do. I don't mind the nagging really. In most case's I just learn from it and try and appease it before it happens.

Then get a welcome thank you rather than, why have you not done. Saves time all round.

I definitely would not risk the tactic of deliberately winding up. Seems like a suicide move to me.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I've decided not to actively search for a lady. I'm at an important stage of my existence and things will be alot simpler without having to please someone else.

My last lady friend ensured that I worried too much about pleasing her, caring for her every whim, rather than pleasing myself (not like that). I am, probably, with myself for a lot longer than her, so one must look after themselves. I'm not actively seeking. My new phase (primary school teaching) will ensure that I meet many, many, many women along the lines. Happy to focus on myself for the time being without a 'missus' dragging me down.

Sounds like you missed the point of having a mrs. It's certainly not to drag you down. Probably best you do not have one for now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think it's a sad state of affairs if people are entering into relationships under the implicit agreement that they're giving up an adult freedom that (within the bounds of the law) they can do what they want, when they want. I live with my missis, but I certainly do what I want, when I want. It just so happens that a lot of the stuff I want to do is with her; she's great. I know I have a choice with what to do with my life, but more importantly my missis knows I have a choice and that I'm more than capable of exercising it. As a result she tends to make the time I spend with her as pleasant as possible, which means no nagging and loads of sex.

I don't think there is ever an implicit agreement that one has to give up their adult freedom. With relationships (depending upon their nature - living together, kids etc), there come responsibilities and nagging/earbashing usually comes about when one side of the relationship believes that the other is not doing enough to fulfill those responsibilities. Certainly in my marriage and I suspect a lot of others, the biggest change took place when we had kids. Suddenly, I had loads of responsibilities that were not there before and it was a difficult thing to adjust to - I couldn't spend my weekends doing what I was doing before we had kids and I got nagged and earbashed occasionally. But we sorted it out and moved on.

It is a question of balance - if some men go into relationships expecting that nothing in their life will change and resist it when they do, then they are going to get nagged. Unless they are in a relationship with a doormat.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think there is ever an implicit agreement that one has to give up their adult freedom. With relationships (depending upon their nature - living together, kids etc), there come responsibilities and nagging/earbashing usually comes about when one side of the relationship believes that the other is not doing enough to fulfill those responsibilities. Certainly in my marriage and I suspect a lot of others, the biggest change took place when we had kids. Suddenly, I had loads of responsibilities that were not there before and it was a difficult thing to adjust to - I couldn't spend my weekends doing what I was doing before we had kids and I got nagged and earbashed occasionally. But we sorted it out and moved on.

It is a question of balance - if some men go into relationships expecting that nothing in their life will change and resist it when they do, then they are going to get nagged. Unless they are in a relationship with a doormat.

Times the last bit by 100 if you have children.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rarely disagree on anything these days and as Mini now goes to most away games there are no issues on who does what.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Rarely disagree on anything these days and as Mini now goes to most away games there are no issues on who does what.

Involving the kids in your passion/hobby is the key to happiness. As soon as mine can ride a surfboard I will be a happy man!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:clap2: It's threads like this that make me appreciate singledom.

It's not about being single. it's about being in a solid relationship where you don't nag or get nagged.

Looking at some of the posts on here I can't understand why some men or women settle for this type of relationship. I can only imagine their expectations of life are fairly low or they are too afraid to change life for the better, if you are saying stuff like "Ooh, she don't half nag, she don't half get on my nerves but I wouldn't be without her"! Listen to yourselves!! Why would anyone settle for that? I was with my GF for ten years, hardly rowed, I loved spending time with her and she didn't have a problem with me going about my life as I wished. It just so happened I'm not a layabout waste of space who needs nagging to do the necessities of life unlike it sounds, a lot of people on here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here