Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you go a day without getting an earful from the Mrs?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My wife accused me of caring more about Albion than I did of her!

I told her that I cared more about Palace than I did of her, Doh!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I like this thread very much. I hope to fcuk she doesn't accidentally come across it. Half the ear bashing I get daily is from 'spending too much time your chatrooms' (NSC) :(
I don't get a day off. This is not the way life is supposed to be.
The biggest up-side is that I can afford to live in this house. Without her I'd be in a right shit hole.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I actually have no sympathy from those of you that are getting nagged all day cause you have let it happen. I have had girlfriends before that have 'told' me what to do and I have told them to shove it, I would rather be single than treated like a child who is allowed out once a month. As someone else has already pointed out, if you are going along with what your missus asks to keep her happy then it will only backfire as she will not respect you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I actually have no sympathy from those of you that are getting nagged all day cause you have let it happen. I have had girlfriends before that have 'told' me what to do and I have told them to shove it, I would rather be single than treated like a child who is allowed out once a month. As someone else has already pointed out, if you are going along with what your missus asks to keep her happy then it will only backfire as she will not respect you.

I'm not sure you really understand women! You will learn one day. :nono:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm not sure you really understand women! You will learn one day. :nono:

Oh ok then, I will just be nagged all day, do stuff I do not want to and live a miserable life of existence being told what to do all day. Brilliant!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Do you think that's why blokes get them in from Thailand because instead of nagging they just drop petals down when you get home from work?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm lucky because there are only 2 things the Mrs doesn't like about me....everything I say & everything I do.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
f*** me that is depressing and the exact reason I am single. It is like being a kid who is excited because mum and dad have gone out for the day and you can be naughty. I go out and do whatever the f*** I like EVERY DAY.
:clap2: It's threads like this that make me appreciate singledom.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Because of this thread, I actually counted the times today she's given me an earful. 7 times. And that started at 0830hrs this morning because I wasn't paying attention to her, but reading NSC. It caused a row at 2pm, because i mentioned how many times she'd given me an earful, that's when I got the silent treatment, which extended until 4pm during which I'd mown the lawn, cleaned the bathroom, and put the washing out. And she's going out on the town tonight........ 14 years together and still loving it.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Because of this thread, I actually counted the times today she's given me an earful. 7 times. And that started at 0830hrs this morning because I wasn't paying attention to her, but reading NSC. It caused a row at 2pm, because i mentioned how many times she'd given me an earful, that's when I got the silent treatment, which extended until 4pm during which I'd mown the lawn, cleaned the bathroom, and put the washing out. And she's going out on the town tonight........ 14 years together and still loving it.

The 1st four lines of your post so much THIS it's untrue. I've done half the sentence (7 years) but I wouldn't be without her

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Me to (to a point as I've got kids but single) reading this thread has made me feel a lot better, thanks I'm staying this way, its way simplier.

f*** me that is depressing and the exact reason I am single. It is like being a kid who is excited because mum and dad have gone out for the day and you can be naughty. I go out and do whatever the f*** I like EVERY DAY.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Do you think that's why blokes get them in from Thailand because instead of nagging they just drop petals down when you get home from work?

No they just moan at you in Thai , so you don't have a f**king clue what you have done wrong !

( 9 years happily married to my Thai princess )

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Always make out she is getting her own way, when in reality you think you are getting yours. Then you will realise you are not getting yours and she is getting hers. You would be better presenting her with your balls on a plate-------then she would moan they aint big enough! The only way out of this is :drink:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
In all truthfulness, my wife must be one in a million. After 15 years We still very rarely row about anything, the odd very slight disagreement maybe but that's about it... I guess I'm a very lucky boy eh?

My first serious relationship was hell on earth, arguing and major falling outs everyday. Police being called on occasions and life was a real misery. No violence on my part but I have to say, she came close! I swore that I would never put up with anything like that again.

I appreciate what I have now but do think back to those horrendous times occasionally. If you know you are with a wrongun, then move on:lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If you don't like to be nagged, do your share of the crap jobs that need doing, without being asked, whether you want to do them or not. Simple really.

Most nagging and ear bashing has nothing to do with household chores. You only have to read some of the examples given on this thread.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
You could stick a woman in empty room and they would still find something to nag about. At the end of the day I'm pretty sure its down to the fact their expectations levels are totally unrealistic, I put this down to years of woman being force fed bullshit by the mainstream media. As a bloke I know my limitations and see the materialistic crap around us for what it is, sorry to say a lot of women don't

Most nagging and ear bashing has nothing to do with household chores. You only have to read some of the examples given on this thread.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm never nagged, I do as I'm told.
If I dont change the toddler when I get a nappy thrown at me a dirty nappy follows soon after. Never had an argument though. I really dont give a shit about conforming to any steriotypes and tend to do stuff when it needs doing. It is a very macciavellian relationship though considering shes f***ing crazier than I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here