Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who said I know better? I certainly didn’t. We all have preferences for the characteristics we like in players. The goalkeeping position is no different. RDZ puts more stock in being good with your feet than actual goalkeeping attributes. I don’t feel the same.
There you go again, certain of your view of Steele’s goalkeeping attributes is shared by everyone including RDZ.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
I looked at the numbers for this season. With either 'keeper we have averaged 1.66 points per game. Sanchez has conceded 1.3 goals per game, Steele 1.6.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No Sanchez with the squad at all ? Things must be bad

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
No Sanchez with the squad at all ? Things must be bad
How crazy is it that Sanchez joins BHA at the age of 15. Works his way into the first team, doing the hard yards at places like Forest Green and Rochdale. Then - ten years later, on the verge of being part of something truly historic - throws his toys out of the pram.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Truth is that we need to upgrade next year

Potentially... Sanchez has all the makings of a top quality keeper.

Steele has been great this season, can't fault him at all, he has really pushed on beyond his ability to help the team achieve what they have.

But Steele is not a top top quality keeper unfortunately. He will become a liability next season.

Sanchez on the other hand is still young - all the things RDZ doesn't rate about him can be coached into him... as long as he is willing to learn.

Not convinced this is the end for Sanchez, although it might be.

Suffice to say, we cannot go a full season with Steele as number one, with absolute and all due respect to him.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was sure I got a glimpse of him after the match when they all went on the pitch. Hope so or it's pretty ominous.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
With European football now confirmed that’s a whole wedge of extra matches that Sanchez could play as the “cup” or alternative GK. But he seems to have burned the bridges.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What way to end his albion career.

Robert Sulkez.

Lol.
Believes in his own hype?....... he's fine, a decent enough keeper, though he's not great, he has a lot to learn and he is too error prone.......

Clearly he thinks he's bigger than the club, he isn't....

Let's see how he gets on next season after a few inevitable clangers with new club and without any goodwill in the bank from fans.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here