Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we get promoted with Bong at LB? (merged)

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Wow - where have you all gone when you could not get enough of Bong. Yes he was poor today, and has not matched the form of others. Too be honest since the season started he has been the new replacement for O'Grady, holla, Greer in terms of (slagging off.)
Good players do not go rotten over night.

Generally a below team average performance today.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Not sure about bong , has had a slow start to the season , probably needs to get his confidence back since being injured

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He is a defender and we have conceded 2 goals in 4 games. One of those goals was a clear error by our keeper. If I was Bong and reading this I would be totally pissed off with a number of our supporters. Get a grip !!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Left back

4 games into the new season & 4 times Bong has been found wanting.
When he came back into the team at the end of last season we expected him to be off the pace.
After a full pre season he has been awful so far this season & today he was atrocious.problem is with Rosenior playing right back we have no other options.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
4 games into the new season & 4 times Bong has been found wanting.
When he came back into the team at the end of last season we expected him to be off the pace.
After a full pre season he has been awful so far this season & today he was atrocious.problem is with Rosenior playing right back we have no other options.
Still at least your thread was merged with this one :moo:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Hard to give nuanced opinions on here! I started the thread because I sensed that Bong hasn't really been at the races since coming back from injury, not just today, certainly not writing him off. Just wondering what the consensus was.

He hasn't become the worst left back in the world over night. But every team has to have their weakest link, and at the moment I think ours is LB. Not a disaster... yet ;)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
To be honest, I don't think he's been bad this season until today. Today he was woeful, but most of the others were too (he was just extra woeful). If he shows the kind of form going forward that he did today, then there will be serious concerns. If he regularly performs as he has in the other 3 games, then I won't be worried.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
pottert;7558759[B said:
]4 games into the new season & 4 times Bong has been found wanting.[/B]

That is not true he was exposed once by Oliver Burke for sheer pace against Forest but then improved. Oliver Burke will expose many full backs for speed so that is nothing to be ashamed of. He then improved against Rotherham and I thought that he played quite well. Today he apparently had a poor game which it seems most of the team did.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Defensively Lua Lua is afar ahead of Skalak or Murphy. It may be partly why Bong looked a much better player at the start of last season than he did today.

Not advocating playing Lua Lua instead but arguably deserves a start ahead of Skalak for this reason alone?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bong is at his best when Lua Lua is in front of him. I'd rather see Lua Lua start than Skalak. However the best defensive formation we have which gives us great attacking options is Bruno in his natural position and Rosenior at left back.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
2 additional points.

His superb pass to Baldock helped set up the 2nd goal.

His scything tackle for which he was booked looked inside the area to me - was directly in line with the 18 yard box sideline so had a perfect view. Can't believe this hasn't been made more of.

Overall, he did look weak defensively, but Skalak didn't help him much.

PG

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think it might be worth having another look at the American guy at Oxford and then decide what to do. I don't think Hughton's going to sign another LB is he.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Play Bong and Kaz together at Newcastle and see what it looks like, they were brilliant together last season and LuaLua is excellent defensively for a winger. Plus I bet Kaz would love a crack at Newcastle so he'd be well up for it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bong has suffered by us not having a man in front of him that can defend. If Stephens goes get a left footed midfielder to play on the left of Kayal and 1 who can defend. The best available, possibly, as Newcastle are said to be after him is Leadbetter of Middlesbro. or Whittingham of Cardiff.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is a concern that's for sure. I much prefer Rosenior there personally. Goldson can't come back soon enough...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here