Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we get promoted with Bong at LB? (merged)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
One bad game? I presume people are judging from behind their sofas or after listening to their radios.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is our weakest link but there are not many other left backs in the Championship I'd rather we had

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No doubt this will be bounced much like the Dunk and Hemed threads soon enough. One bad game and the bandwagon are out again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said it many times and despite apparently having a bad game today by most experts assessment, he is the best left back on our books and an asset to us.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I personally don't think he has been the same since his injury lay off last year. Before he was injured he was immense but thought he was shakey when he came back in, late on last season and just doesn't look like he has any confidence at the mo. It is not just about today's performance, he wasn't great at Derby. I hope he can get back to the pre injury Bong!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
One bad game? I presume people are judging from behind their sofas or after listening to their radios.

To be honest I thought he was the weakest link in both the Forest and Rotherham games as well but today was really exposed by pace. Its early in the season though and Gaeten didn't get too much game time last season so hopefully with a few more games he will get back to player we saw at the start of last season.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It wasn't one bad game today . Today's game was just a new low even by his standards . The only plus is that he and Knocky seemed to have a celebration together. If it means Knocky stays we can play Bong every week for all I care

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think Bong and Skalak are a disaster waiting to happen on the same flank. Bong hasn't been at his best, yes he had a beautiful assist vs Forest but he has seemed too slow on several occasions and generally his attacking play has been poor.

Combine that with Skalak who is all too frequently poor at tracking back sometimes leaving Bong 2vs1 I think both of their positions in the starting 11 are under threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here