can we afford Charlie Austin ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
Been saying for years ever since charlie was at Swindon we should try and buy him, he is a great little player, Him and CMS up front would be a great partnership. how much would you pay for him ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really hope Gus can sell him the vision like he did for CMS as he really would turn us into a goal scoring machine.

And before anyone asks he is not going to the Gooners

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Austin is a goal scorer at this level but CMS won't get to form a partnership with him if Gus always plays a lone striker.

Its a few weeks until the transfer window in the meantime I would like to see Hoskins get a run out alongside CMS, I think they'd be a real handful.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If he leaves Burnley it'll be for the premier league

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If Jordan Rhodes, a player who was totally unproven in the Championship (and isnt actually now playing badly in it) went for £8 Million, i seriously would have though Austin would go for about the same amount, probably to a team like Everton or Villa. Us paying up for Austin is unlikely, but would be a good player to have alongside CMS, might be the end of Barnes though.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
i would break the bank to get him. If we signed Charlie Austin we would 100% go up, no question

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Why can't we just give Hoskins a fair go?.what was he meant to do - one game and score a hatrick?.just keep playing Barnes and hoping for the best seems the only way.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
We cant afford £8m or whatever for Austin. Plus, Poyet wouldn;'t play both of them together. The only way that it maybe financed/sold is for CMS plus cash for Austin.

Still cant see it though.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He'll go to Palace when they've banked £6m from Liverpool for a technically gifted centre-forward who's great in the air, can fall over better than Suarez and Brighton couldn't afford to keep.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
And people thought CMS was over priced at 2.5 yet you would be willing to pay 8 million !.... unbelievable

8 million to get us promoted? Can't see how thats NOT worth it. Also i never gave a figure of price, dont know where you have seen i said 8million. Also, how many has CMS scored at this level compared to Austin? i would alsp say that austins possibly has fewer games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports