Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone tell me how...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Please hear me out because I am NOT defending the guy, but...

Police have to deal with scum pretty much all the time. Being taunted, abused, punched and kicked etc, while being expected to remain totally non-violent themselves throughout.

I'm not defending the guy, but what I'm saying is that I'm surprised you don't hear more stories of Police brutality. If you pulled over a drunk driver who was doing 80mph in a 30 zone with schools etc, are you telling me you honestly wouldn't be tempted to give the c*** a dig in the ribs? I'm very impressed by the restraint of coppers in most of these instances.

I agree as well - how would any of us want to deal with someone violent and struggling. I think a community sentence is right. Most of our police put up with such aggression on a daily basis and show enormous restraint. The fact that this guy didn't shouldn't mean he is sacked, but given a warning.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Get punched in the head yourself.
Get chased by someone wielding a machete.
Keep your cool while being taunted and threatened by the Great British Public.
Take a drop in salary because the country can't afford to pay you.
Have your retirement age raised from your 50s to your 60s, when you are still supposed to be fit and strong enough to chase people, arrest them, and hold them.

I was a prison officer when we had two riots at Chelmsford prison
I spent two weeks in there 24 hours a day without a lot of sleep
no overtime for us
and the number of fights we stopped and got knocked about and went back to work the next day
as i said if you don't like the job get another one
I did
10years pension down the gurgler

EDIT
and just a bit of an afterthought Chelmsford Prison held over 1000 prisoners at one time mostly in for violent crimes
and now the news is prison officers are going to get a whole 1% wage rise

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here