Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone tell me how...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well paid? Top PC pulls in C£36.7k, but the starting rate is now only C£20k! Hardly 'well paid'...

Good pension? Each month the employees contribution is 13% and this rises to 14.25% next month! How many other jobs do people make that level of compulsory contribution...

Retire at 50? Hahaha if only...

All in all, given the risks not great remuneration!

then don't do the job!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've been punched, spat at, slapped, scratched, kicked, pinched, bitten, had chunks of hair pulled out etc, over the years (by both male and female parties). It's rarely even occurred to me to give some back though, it's just not part of the deal, is it? Just have to rise above even the nastiest and most unpleasant individuals, difficult though it occasionally may be. And would probably make a situation worse, when ultimately, all I really want is for that person to calm down and make my job easier. I don't believe in winding people up. Achieves nothing.

It astounds me just what the police put up with, my brother you used to work Oxford street plain clothes watching and catching the pickpockets, some of the stories he told me, made me so angry he has has all of the above hurled at him. I have asked him have you ever wanted to have a dig back, he just said that it was pointless as the best way to deal with idiots and scum is to kill them with kindness it baffles them, there are occasions he said when that does not work and you just use the correct procedure. He is so matter of fact and laid back about everything and finds the funny side of everything, and that is why he is a policeman and I am not, I don't think I could take the abuse or threats without reacting in someway. Much respect to the police they do a difficult job, dealing with things day in day out with so much vile directed at them. That's not to say there are some bad apples in the force, but that's life and that's people, who knows what goes on in peoples lives what stress they are carrying.

In a roundabout way I am saying I am with the Policeman on this occasion, If we knew her full criminal record and saw exactly what went on from the moment she committed the crime and all leading up to his actions we might not be jumping on the "Bad copper" band wagon.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
It astounds me just what the police put up with, my brother you used to work Oxford street plain clothes watching and catching the pickpockets, some of the stories he told me, made me so angry he has has all of the above hurled at him. I have asked him have you ever wanted to have a dig back, he just said that it was pointless as the best way to deal with idiots and scum is to kill them with kindness it baffles them, there are occasions he said when that does not work and you just use the correct procedure. He is so matter of fact and laid back about everything and finds the funny side of everything, and that is why he is a policeman and I am not, I don't think I could take the abuse or threats without reacting in someway. Much respect to the police they do a difficult job, dealing with things day in day out with so much vile directed at them. That's not to say there are some bad apples in the force, but that's life and that's people, who knows what goes on in peoples lives what stress they are carrying.

In a roundabout way I am saying I am with the Policeman on this occasion, If we knew her full criminal record and saw exactly what went on from the moment she committed the crime and all leading up to his actions we might not be jumping on the "Bad copper" band wagon.

Really ?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just like 90% of the Police force in my experience, only met one decent copper in my life.

Pretty sure that 90% of the police force wouldn't smash a woman in the head like that tbh. The police officers I know are all decent guys/girls, none of them are jumped up, angry, dare I say it, DOORMAN types.

The worst part about twats like this in the video is that they affect the reputation of the whole police force.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I am only repeating what he told me, and I know him he would. He has his thoughts about why people do what they do and looks at things from their perspective ie why are they stealing, not all shop lifters are feeding a drug habit. Why are they kicking off in town and way too drunk, maybe they just lost a loved one, maybe they mental health issues the list goes on.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Pretty sure that 90% of the police force wouldn't smash a woman in the head like that tbh. The police officers I know are all decent guys/girls, none of them are jumped up, angry, dare I say it, DOORMAN types.

The worst part about twats like this in the video is that they affect the reputation of the whole police force .

The reputation of the police is being challenged far to often of recent years. It's a terrible shame that the famous British Bobby is being tarnished by the occasional loose cannon. However IMO, the buck doesn't stop with the occasional Rsoul who somehow make the grade. The force in general is consistently let down by a series of police cover ups and weak decisions as senior officers clamour to defend the indefensible. I'm ex military and believe me when I read of gung-ho firearms officers I gringe. ND'ing was a glasshouse holiday or worse. Yes I know it's only a minuscule number but too often it seems because they are given arms they feel like they have to use them. Come on Old Bill sort it out, let officers know if they cross the line there are no cover ups.... anymore.:down:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
mmmm maybe, but if you are 100% truthful is it 90% you were not uptight or upset at the moments of contact with the police.
I used to do 24hr call outs loved being stopped my vehicle searched and dickhead coppers asking me what I'm doing out at 3am. I even got the anti terrorism law thrown at me once as a reason to search my van. So no I wasn't uptight or upset just pissed off getting harassed for no reason whatsoever.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
the answer is don't do the job then
well paid
good pension
retire at 50?
loads of good things about the career
and I am afraid some go looking for trouble

Get punched in the head yourself.
Get chased by someone wielding a machete.
Keep your cool while being taunted and threatened by the Great British Public.
Take a drop in salary because the country can't afford to pay you.
Have your retirement age raised from your 50s to your 60s, when you are still supposed to be fit and strong enough to chase people, arrest them, and hold them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used to do 24hr call outs loved being stopped my vehicle searched and dickhead coppers asking me what I'm doing out at 3am. I even got the anti terrorism law thrown at me once as a reason to search my van. So no I wasn't uptight or upset just pissed off getting harassed for no reason whatsoever.

No reason whatsoever you say, maybe there was a high percentage of crimes in those areas at that time of night or maybe they were trying to catch drunk drivers, both valid reasons to stop I believe, yes it might piss you off I get that, but it's not for no reason is it. Have a crackin day justice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here