Can somebody please explain to me...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Why people beg for followers on twitter?

Who cares?

:moo:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why people beg for followers on twitter?

Who cares?

:moo:

Are you including those that have their twitter name advertised under their NSC avatar :moo:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Are you including those that have their twitter name advertised under their NSC avatar :moo:

No because I am one of them :eek:

I mean those who spend half their tweets saying please follow me and ask people to retweet their message.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I mean those who spend half their tweets saying please follow me and ask people to retweet their message.

There are one or two comical Brighton fans who do this. They are also the dullest tweeters on the interweb.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That was my point :lol:

In answer to your question, I honestly don't know, but I would guess it is something to do with being desperate to be recognised by 'celebrities'. People seem obsessed by others in the public eye, and seemingly as soon as you appear on some two-bob, low-budget reality show, you have 'made it'. It's all BS –*I can understand wanting to follow these people, as it seems to be the equivalent of fan clubs of yesteryear, but asking for retweets? Fack that.

I say that as someone that has an account but doesn't use it, largely because I don't see the point of it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The worst people are those who pay for followers.

There's a couple of 'experts' on social media/marketing in Sussex who i know for a fact have done this. A stupid and pointless thing to do, but it helps massage their ego.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I follow someone because she's a friend who constantly bangs on about 'team follow back' and 'retweeting for a shout out'. Makes me cringe, quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I could ever think of doing.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hi Craigy u useless open goal missing twunt with nice smile & teeth. My gf is ur bgst fan. Can I get a RT plz. lolz x

:tosser:

After Tuesday night I thought of doing something along these lines 'Hi Craig, you were truly, truly awful tonight. f***ing retweet that' But I'm a bit spineless so I didn't bother.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's a couple of 'experts' on social media/marketing in Sussex who i know for a fact have done this. A stupid and pointless thing to do, but it helps massage their ego.
I can't comment of The Lost Prophets thread, because I just can't comprehend it, I'm in complete disbelief, I can't get my head round it, and just can't put my feeling across on that thread.

The context couldn't be any further apart, but that post has bought on exactly the same response.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Barber?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports