Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can she not be legally gagged?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
But questioning the veracity of this claim isn't to do with the alleged victims "chequered past".

It's because she has made an entire career out of making things up to increase her own publicity and sell tabloid stories, magazines, books and tv shows.

It's really not the same.

The allegation may well be true but can you really believe anything said by someone who earns a living from complete bullshit?

That still essentially boils down to "The former page three model who cried wolf".

I don't know, it could well be bullshit, but it still deserves to be treated as though it isn't.

I don't want to live in a society where we automatically assume someone is lying, or sensationalising, in the present because they have a history of doing so in the past. Though I'm pretty sure I already live in that sort of society.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Always remember her for the 'cops' style TV programme.
She was pulled over by traffic police in Sussex.
1/ As she was contracted to another TV channel, she refused to be filmed. Everyone gets filmed, their faces are blanked out.
2/ The smitten copper got into her car and she drove around the corner. What! the car was illegal.
3/ Her car was not insuranced. She said it was a clerical error.
4/ Her number plate was illegal. Even worse, she'd been stopped the week before and 'warned'
Had this been 99.99% of us on NSC our car would be seized and a hefty fine would be in the post.
MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVewOrLqi0Q

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That still essentially boils down to "The former page three model who cried wolf".

It really doesn't.

I agree with your general point but her being a former page three model has nothing to do with it.

More that she's a fantasist who has made a career out of (allegedly) lying/creating stories for financial gain. Of course, the allegation should be looked at independently of this......

I was just pointing out that there's a big difference between the awful situation of the "chequered past" defence and this, where we're talking about someone who spins facts and creates "drama" for a living.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3/ Her car was not insuranced. She said it was a clerical error.
She proved that she did have insurance.
Had this been 99.99% of us on NSC our car would be seized and a hefty fine would be in the post.
Have your car seized for not having a big enough gap between the numbers on your plate? No.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is it publicity for another literary masterpiece about to be published? Anything to stay in the news (except that even The Sun couldn't bring itself to give it more than a couple of inches on about page 8 about her latest bleatings!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's because she has made an entire career out of making things up to increase her own publicity and sell tabloid stories, magazines, books and tv shows.

What has she made up throughout her career just out of interest?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Herself mostly.

The trout lips don't do anything for her either - check the before shot in the BHA shirt with the more contemporary gurn.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Go into a garage and look at a magazine rack. You seriously think that all the stories about "celebrity relationships" are real?

She basically invented the genre, certainly mastered it. Fake celeb news which is lapped up by some people and makes the protagonists a fortune.

Fair play to her, but don't expect me to believe anything she says.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And this attitude is exactly why so many rape cases fail at court and why so few people report historic abuse. An automatic disbelieving just as she has a chequered past. Depressing view point.

You could look at what Katie Price is saying from a different angle.

She has such a positive following among young women that it could discourage women from reporting such crimes because they think ''well just grin and bear it and get on with life like Katie Price has''. It's exactly people like Katie Price who should be reporting such crimes to encourage other women to come forward when it happens to them

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A footballer finally has the courage to declare child abuse decades on, he is a HERO, Katie Price does the same, She is a LIAR. Strange World. Just gives people another reason to stick the knife in and twist it around a bit

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well done OP. Hope you are proud of yourself.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well done OP. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Proud? No. Just not bullied into not saying things that might upset others on someone else's behalf.

So if you are offended by that, as Stephen Fry might say, ' so f_____g what?'.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So if you are offended by that, as Stephen Fry might say, ' so f_____g what?'.

Why would I be offended by some keyboard warrior? Just find it pretty sad that someone has to start a thread like this.

You seem to want Kate gagged by speaking out about the sexual abuse that she suffered. Why? US summed it up for me in post #33.

And don't quote the genius that is Stephen Fry. He despises people like you who discriminate.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And don't quote the genius that is Stephen Fry. He despises people like you who discriminate.

Ahh, the self declared libertarian elite telling others what to do and think. It's people like you that caused Brexit and Trump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here