Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can anyone else not bring themselves to watch Newcastle?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'll be watching. I hate Newcastle and everything they are now but it's not our fault as a club, just makes me want to beat the even more.

I just fear that following our recent pattern of results, it might be another Forest or Everton though!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Mrs Reagulls and I will be at Fatboy Slim at the old market place Thursday evening, not sure if to record it, try and avoid the score and watch it when we get back.
I imagine it will be all but over when he starts his set around 9.00pm or he'll conveniently start it around 9.20.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bizarre thread.

Newcastle haven't won a major trophy for fifty or so years and have the next potential England manager after Gareth leaves. Most of their fans don't like the Saudi money but that's the way it is and most of sponsorship and owners. They've had their real shit times in the early nineties and when they were in the Championship ten or so years ago.

The OP not watching the game is being hypocritical considering Arsenal's Arab money and 'Visit Rwanda' splashed all over their pitch boards.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Load of virtue signalling clap trap IMO. Get on with it and support the Albion. If you took that principled view you’d miss half our matches, potentially even more with European football next year

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently we are having travel issues for this one. Can’t charter a big enough plane, staff having to get coaches up and players fly. And travel back Friday - not much time before Sunday ?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It is on my Birthday and I have some family popping over for some food and a couple of drinks.

i may be checking my phone for some of the evening.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
A shame after that wonderful result and performance, but I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch the team again. Not so much a boycott, but it feels so sordid to see our majestical stripes have to sully themselves by occupying the same field as that abominable outfit.

Anyone else feel the same?
what they have done in Yemen (war crimes) is disgusting so have the same feeling.

Difficulty is that we can make moral judgements on lots of owners - Man U are US owned and look what they have done/are doing post ww2. If everything is applied equally we should boycott many teams.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Apparently we are having travel issues for this one. Can’t charter a big enough plane, staff having to get coaches up and players fly. And travel back Friday - not much time before Sunday ?
The team should have booked the train from Kings Cross to Newcastle. 3 hours and a very enjoyable first class experience on LNER. Many Premier league teams use that service and Avanti on the west coast.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The team should have booked the train from Kings Cross to Newcastle. 3 hours and a very enjoyable first class experience on LNER. Many Premier league teams use that service and Avanti on the west coast.
+2.5 hour bus ride to Kings Cross !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't miss it for the world.

I said before the Arsenal match I was well aware we were capable of beating them. The best way to deal with the sportswashing nonsense is to play and beat them!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Really looking forward to it. I've been to Newcastle loads of times but never been to SJP so I'm going to enjoy my first vist. I'll arrive mid-afternoon, check into my hotel, pop out for some scran and a beer or two and saunter to the ground.

It should be a cracking match ... and even if we lose, we have three more games to win that European spot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here