Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can anyone else not bring themselves to watch Newcastle?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
A shame after that wonderful result and performance, but I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch the team again. Not so much a boycott, but it feels so sordid to see our majestical stripes have to sully themselves by occupying the same field as that abominable outfit.

Anyone else feel the same?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No, I hope we stuff the Saudis. I'm not going though, it's too soon for me to visit a club have literally no respect for, I honestly couldn't look their fans in the eye. Which is a real sham as ordinarily this would be trip to look forward too. I'll settle for the sofa instead.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A shame after that wonderful result and performance, but I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch the team again. Not so much a boycott, but it feels so sordid to see our majestical stripes have to sully themselves by occupying the same field as that abominable outfit.

Presumably you won't be able to watch them against City either.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Huh?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Mate, I know what you mean. The Toon jumping into bed so enthusiastically with the Saudi sportswashers disgusts me.

But i'm addicted to watching my team, especially now. The football is so compelling, the result would be so huge. There is no way I could turn away for this one.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

No, not really. Looking forward to supporting the team on the telly as that’s what I enjoy doing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Funny how quickly the sports media have glossed over the unsavoury aspects of Newcastle's rise in favour of the usual 'fluffy' Toon crap - Wilson, Howe, remarkable stuff, big club back where it belongs yadda yadda

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My first thought before opening this thread was that it was their horrendous shithousing you were referring to.

I understand where you're coming from but I'll be watching the Albion, a team that deserves my attention and support.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

not really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here