Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can anyone else not bring themselves to watch Newcastle?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nope. Even more incentive to watch us stuff them. That said I like Dan Burn and wish him luck the rest of the season. Just not the rest of that sportswashed shower

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Like @Hamilton I didn’t watch the World Cup, but when it comes to Brighton I hold my nose and get on with it.

I’d prefer that football clubs didn’t become penis extensions for those who’ve more money than sense and like to believe that they’re sporting because they can afford to put large bets on with no consequence, but our government has decided that we are an amoral nation who will take anyone’s money regardless of their values.

Sadly, that ship has largely sailed, and my choice is support Brighton or walk away. All the while it’s the current leadership at our club, I’m supporting Brighton.

As and when we’re sold to either a US conglomerate or a petrodollar state because TB sees it as the only way the club can continue to thrive, that’s when I reevaluate my relationship with football.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Like @Hamilton I didn’t watch the World Cup, but when it comes to Brighton I hold my nose and get on with it.

I’d prefer that football clubs didn’t become penis extensions for those who’ve more money than sense and like to believe that they’re sporting because they can afford to put large bets on with no consequence, but our government has decided that we are an amoral nation who will take anyone’s money regardless of their values.

Sadly, that ship has largely sailed, and my choice is support Brighton or walk away. All the while it’s the current leadership at our club, I’m supporting Brighton.

As and when we’re sold to either a US conglomerate or a petrodollar state because TB sees it as the only way the club can continue to thrive, that’s when I reevaluate my relationship with football.
100% this.

And rather as Tony has taken a stake in USG, I have already invested an emotion stake in Lewes FC having purchased a share and a season ticket.

If anything happens to our ownership that has a distinctly bad whiff I’m protected.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Load of virtue signalling clap trap IMO. Get on with it and support the Albion. If you took that principled view you’d miss half our matches, potentially even more with European football next year
This. You‘d miss half the season if you applied the Newcastle thinking to every PL club.

I’ve got work on Thursday and the boy has exams so it’s telly for us but I’m hoping next season this is back to a weekend and doesn’t get moved so we can do one of the best away days in the league again. My one disappointment with this season has been that both Newcastle and Forest away were midweek

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Thread's going well.

No.
I wouldn't say I was trying to rally support - just take the temperature. Accounts from people like you who can't understand why anyone would have an issue with this were to be expected.
Bizarre thread.

Newcastle haven't won a major trophy for fifty or so years and have the next potential England manager after Gareth leaves. Most of their fans don't like the Saudi money but that's the way it is and most of sponsorship and owners. They've had their real shit times in the early nineties and when they were in the Championship ten or so years ago.

The OP not watching the game is being hypocritical considering Arsenal's Arab money and 'Visit Rwanda' splashed all over their pitch boards.
I'm not sure what bearing their time in the Championship has. But I think it's a consistent position to be able to hold your nose watching a club that is part-financed by oil/corporate greed but draw the line watching a club that is owned by - and therefore an extension of - a murderous regime. (Yes, the same applies [though to a lesser extent] to City.)
Load of virtue signalling clap trap IMO. Get on with it and support the Albion. If you took that principled view you’d miss half our matches, potentially even more with European football next year
As above, I think Newcastle and City are special cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here