Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can any of our right wing friends defend this article from The Daily Hate

Dandyman

In London village.
Oi! I claim Brick Lane. My cousin's immigrant great grandfather was a baker at 26 Brick Lane. Given his ethnic origin, though, it probably doesn't count. Besides which, 26 Brick Lane is a sari shop these days.

Oh, can I play too ? My great-grandparents were married off Brick Lane and my grand-dad was born 10 minutes walk away. Obviously they were non-Christian and in my great-grand parents case had English as a second language so not sure they meet some people's cricket test.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
there is at christmas. all the scandinavian churches who historically have been based there now cover the entire uk. you have a cat in hells chance of catching up with the relevant pastor as they are always in hull or aberdeen. i just had to dip in to this apologies because i cannot bear his witterings.
i know what you mean !!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
LB of Hillingdon 6 years, LB of Harrow 1 year, LB of Barnet 2 years, LB of Islington 2 years, LB of Camden 6 years makes me resonably qualified then. I guess it is a thin line between having an understanding and being THE absolute and total authority on the workings of a city of 9 million though.
It f***ing well doesnt using your "handful of places" criteria, you've spent your entire time in north and north west london, , quite how that qualifies you to comment , on the areas in south and east london with a high immigrant and ethinic population i dont know.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Oh for fucks sake man up and stop displaying the sensitivity of a 12 year old schoolgirl, there are differences, and i've pointed them out, colour was just a descriptive term within the context of the argument, which you really havent countered or even attempted to .

I'm a lot more thick skinned when it comes to racism than I used to be, hence my limited involvement in this thread. As the son of an immigrant though, your constant chipping away grates somewhat. I do enjoy you ruining the validity of your argument by bringing it down to skin colour. Scandanavians OK, Bangledeshis not so much.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm a lot more thick skinned when it comes to racism than I used to be, hence my limited involvement in this thread. As the son of an immigrant though, your constant chipping away grates somewhat. I do enjoy you ruining the validity of your argument by bringing it down to skin colour. Scandanavians OK, Bangledeshis not so much.
Or even christian, northern europeans with a culture and heritage very similar to ours, OK , asian muslims , from rural syhlet in bangladesh, with a culture and outlook on life that is bordering on mediaeval in some aspects, not so much, not really that difficult to grasp my point is it? unless you're desperately trying not to.

Jan 30, 2008
time to move away from these I've lived here arguments , back to the facts , immigrant's taking over large parts of our inner city's SIMPLE QUESTION YES OR NO

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Strikes me Danny Boyle got it all wrong in his 2012 opening ceremony.

What he should have done to represent GB to the world was have a section with some inadequate white males from Bermondsey sitting around bitching about the immigrants and the good old days of slavery. Would have gone down a storm in, err, Bermondsey.
yes because that's been the basis of the argument on here hasnt it , that we dont have slavery anymore , grow the f*** up mate.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Or even christian, northern europeans with a culture and heritage very similar to ours, OK , asian muslims , from rural syhlet in bangladesh, with a culture and outlook on life that is bordering on mediaeval in some aspects, not so much, not really that difficult to grasp my point is it? unless you're desperately trying not to.

Your just trying to justify a very warped view. Maybe it's not purely skin colour; just Islamophobia.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Your just trying to justify a very warped view. Maybe it's not purely skin colour; just Islamophobia.
Now you're clutching at straws to justify your, in my opinion, warped view that mentioning the vast differences in culture and outlook of rural bangladeshi muslims, to northern europeans is " islamophobia" , i feel the same differences exist in a lot of sub saharan africans , is that islamophobia too ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It f***ing well doesnt using your "handful of places" criteria, you've spent your entire time in north and north west london, , quite how that qualifies you to comment , on the areas in south and east london with a high immigrant and ethinic population i dont know.

If this is the case then by the same token you are not qualified to talk about the areas you have not inhabited which, let's face it, is the majority of London...there are 27 Boroughs which you have not lived in. You're failing on your own merits here. There may well be immigration issues in some parts of London...but not to the degree you try to make out.

You base you warped views on a small part of the capital. You also seem to think you are the authority on London. But, many other people have a different experience of the capital, experience which you do not have. Maybe when you have lived in other areas you will see a different side to the city. And when you have seen other parts of the capital you might even have found another topic to discuss. I will not hold my breath though.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
If this is the case then by the same token you are not qualified to talk about the areas you have not inhabited which, let's face it, is the majority of London...there are 27 Boroughs which you have not lived in. You're failing on your own merits here. There may well be immigration issues in some parts of London...but not all of London as you try to make out.

You base you warped views on a small part of the capital. You also seem to think you are the authority on London. But, many other people have a different experience of the capital, experience which you do not have. Maybe when you have lived in other areas you will see a different side to the city. And when you have seen other parts of the capital you might even have found another topic to discuss. I will not hold my breath though.
gated communities

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If this is the case then by the same token you are not qualified to talk about the areas you have not inhabited which, let's face it, is the majority of London...there are 27 Boroughs which you have not lived in. You're failing on your own merits here. There may well be immigration issues in some parts of London...but not to the degree you try to make out.

Do me a favour with this tenuous bollocks and stick it where the sun doesnt shine , are you trying to tell me that the boroughs I've lived in are totally different in character and makeup from the surrounding boroughs ? no , of course they're not , and therefore I consider I have a broad spectrum of experience to draw on when commenting about london and it's constituent parts , you've spent your entire time north of the river a lot of it in outlying boroughs like hillingdon anfd harrow.

Do me a favour with this tenuous bollocks and stick it where the sun doesnt shine , are you trying to tell me that the boroughs I've lived in are totally different in character and makeup from the surrounding boroughs ? no , of course they're not , and therefore I consider I have a broad spectrum of experience to draw on when commenting about london and it's constituent parts , you've spent your entire time north of the river a lot of it in outlying boroughs like hillingdon anfd harrow.

Do you never bore of repeating this argument?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But you dont, you have experience of five boroughs out of thirty f***ing 2. I have similar experiece albeit in different areas but I do not consider I have a broad spectrum of experience to draw on when commenting about london and it's constituent parts Far from it. I know and understand areas and issues which transfer from place to place but I do not set myself up as the fog horn for London like you do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here