Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can any of our right wing friends defend this article from The Daily Hate

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Finnish church was established in 1882, rebuilt in 1958 and refurbished in 2006. The Swedish church goes back to 1906. And the Norwegians have been there for centuries. The current church was built in 1927.

250px-Rotherhithe_st_olavs_1.jpg

This is a story of an incoming community establishing themselves and retaining their own identity, over many years, without conflict with the "locals". Except, of course, that they are locals themselves.
This a story of a white, christian, northern european incoming community, with a broadly similar culture to the indigenous one, coming in and establishing themselves,as a small part of the community as opposed to a majority in some areas, integrating and intermarrying( any ideas on the prevalent view of bangladeshi families on their kids marrying outside the community?)and finally dispersing amongst the community as a whole, it really , really isnt comparable to any situation today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont f***ing patronise me with comments about London being a very big city, I know it is , its my home city , and care more for it than a yokel from newhaven like you will ever know, and se19_cp has lived in 3 deistinctly separate parts of the city , so you're talking absolute rubbish, which i suspect you know , which is why you started waffling.

"Care for it", FFS. I think London will survive without your attention. Besides, you can have London, been there, done that and had a great time and moved on. As for waffling, why dont you stop waffling and answer my question about the number of different boroughs you have lived in. Our of the 32, how many have you lived in? And let's say for at least a year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd rather saw my own feet off than live next door to you.

If you would also saw your own head off I'd buy you the house.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This a story of a white, christian, northern european incoming community, with a broadly similar culture to the indigenous one, coming in and establishing themselves,as a small part of the community as opposed to a majority in some areas, integrating and intermarrying( any ideas on the prevalent view of bangladeshi families on their kids marrying outside the community?)and finally dispersing amongst the community as a whole, it really , really isnt comparable to any situation today.

You let the veil slip (pardon the pun). It's not really about multi-culturalism as a whole is it? It's just about brown skin.

Jan 30, 2008
lets face it a lot of city housing areas be it council or private rent seem have gone down the pan ,people barricading themselves in to protect their property , sounds good doesn't it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
My apologies, then. I thought you knew London.

Norway, Sweden and Finland, mainly.

the swedish seamans church is almost never used, the norwegian seamans church is still based there but is used for the whole of london, my very good friend is the danish seamans pastor he lives in rotherhithe as the church still owns property there but his church is in regents park. there is no scandinavian community in rotherhithe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we'd discussed where i'd lived in London in any way comprehensively then you wouldn't have made the schoolboy error of accusing me of "basing my experiences on living in a tiny strip of London" , or would you ?

I recalled that when you countered my argument you did not provide a compelling argument so my mistake. The gist of my argument still holds though, I just need to revise my 'small strips' to 'a handful of places.'

Anyway. If you care for London so much you shoud understand that it is a city in a permanent state of flux and to a huge degree this is what makes it the place it is. It will always change and evolve and part of this change and evolution is immigration; people always have and always will gravitate to capital cities. It has happened for centuries. If you do not like this, are not willing to adapt or not willing to be tolerant then quite frankly tough shit....you've have landed up in the wrong place. Give me an immigrant family who actually got off their arse and moved to London over a bleating native any day.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
no , but black, christian, northern european immigrants with a culture broadly similar to ours are a bit thin on the ground.

I think you've shown your true colours. Didn't take long.

Jan 30, 2008
I recalled that when you countered my argument you did not provide a compelling argument so my mistake. The gist of my argument still holds though, I just need to revise my 'small strips' to 'a handful of places.'

Anyway. If you care for London so much you shoud understand that it is a city in a permanent state of flux and to a huge degree this is what makes it the place it is. It will always change and evolve and part of this change and evolution is immigration; people always have and always will gravitate to capital cities. It has happened for centuries. If you do not like this, are not willing to adapt or not willing to be tolerant then quite frankly tough shit....you've have landed up in the wrong place. Give me an immigrant family who actually got off their arse and moved to London over a bleating native any day.
just lay down and let them trample all over you why not.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
"Care for it", FFS. I think London will survive without your attention. Besides, you can have London, been there, done that and had a great time and moved on. As for waffling, why dont you stop waffling and answer my question about the number of different boroughs you have lived in. Our of the 32, how many have you lived in? And let's say for at least a year.
wandsworth (south london )for 12 years, newham(east london) for four years, tower hamlets(east london) for 2 years, hounslow(west london) 2 years, barnet(north london) 3 years .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Are you trying to tell me that this "handful of places" wouldnt enable me to gain a broad perspective on london and the nuances of different areas ?

wandsworth (south london )for 12 years, newham(east london) for four years, tower hamlets(east london) for 2 years, hounslow(west london) 2 years, barnet(north london) 3 years .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think you've shown your true colours. Didn't take long.
Oh for fucks sake man up and stop displaying the sensitivity of a 12 year old schoolgirl, there are differences, and i've pointed them out, colour was just a descriptive term within the context of the argument, which you really havent countered or even attempted to .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
the swedish seamans church is almost never used, the norwegian seamans church is still based there but is used for the whole of london, my very good friend is the danish seamans pastor he lives in rotherhithe as the church still owns property there but his church is in regents park. there is no scandinavian community in rotherhithe.
Really mate ? I'm shocked , I'd have thought that there were a whole host of rollmop eating , blond haired, blue eyed scandinavians reminiscing fondly about life in tromso :lolol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Really mate ? I'm shocked , I'd have thought that there were a whole host of rollmop eating , blond haired, blue eyed scandinavians reminiscing fondly about life in tromso :lolol:

there is at christmas. all the scandinavian churches who historically have been based there now cover the entire uk. you have a cat in hells chance of catching up with the relevant pastor as they are alwasy in hull or aberdeen. i just had to dip in to this apologies because i cannot bear his witterings.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

there is at christmas. all the scandinavian churches who historically have been based there now cover the entire uk. you have a cat in hells chance of catching up with the relevant pastor as they are always in hull or aberdeen. i just had to dip in to this apologies because i cannot bear his witterings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

LB of Hillingdon 6 years, LB of Harrow 1 year, LB of Barnet 2 years, LB of Islington 2 years, LB of Camden 6 years makes me resonably qualified then. I guess it is a thin line between having an understanding and being THE absolute and total authority on the workings of a city of 9 million though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Strikes me Danny Boyle got it all wrong in his 2012 opening ceremony.

What he should have done to represent GB to the world was have a section with some inadequate white males from Bermondsey sitting around bitching about the immigrants and the good old days of slavery. Would have gone down a storm in, err, Bermondsey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here