Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can any of our right wing friends defend this article from The Daily Hate

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I live in the salubrious environs of Smichov ...not in a tourist area, and an area with a high Sinti Roma population.... :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Correct...Tourists tend to visit the center, and not the industrial, working class areas of Prague...of which most of the city is...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If somebody announces on a forum that a school teaches in 12 languages, then I want to know the voracity of the statement...as far as im concerned, it throws the rest of his argument right out the window...and most of the kids in that picture, will speak English.

Bushy, I cant remember the name at the moment, but it was the road that had the Hounslow West Tube on it...lived further on up that road....opposite some skanky park....and it was hardly plush...
bath rd, and if you think that its " deprived" you reall have lived a sheltered life.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
bath rd, and if you think that its " deprived" you reall have lived a sheltered life.

And hardly English...in fact, I didnt see anywhere in Hounslow that you could describe as deprived...which isnt something I claimed anyway...im not in the ...'I want England to be like the mythical 1950s ive heard about' group.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
i thought you worked in a bar ?

I work for a global American corporation... at the weekends, my GF and myself run a music club in Smichov (its an area of Prague) for Ukrainians..... I dont actually work in the bar... we have barmen and waitresses for that.....we finish with this place at end of August anyway, as we are tired of the police visits, the weekly brawls etc... may take up a smaller bar, and sell herb as well...

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I work for a global American corporation... at the weekends, my GF and myself run a music club in Smichov (its an area of Prague) for Ukrainians..... I dont actually work in the bar... we have barmen and waitresses for that..
very nice dave , seems a million light years away from this topic , not knocking you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
very nice dave , seems a million light years away from this topic , not knocking you.

Its ok...personally, im more in favour of a small bar that sells grass as well... just have to pay protection to the police, and they are cheaper than the various mafias anyway... place we have at the mmoment is more of a club than a bar..anyway..going home time for me...laterz...

Jan 30, 2008
Its ok...personally, im more in favour of a small bar that sells grass as well... just have to pay protection to the police, and they are cheaper than the various mafias anyway... place we have at the mmoment is more of a club than a bar..anyway..going home time for me...laterz...
not for me , you must be making a living out of it though , you got women "working" the club as well .

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
"I live in the melting pot that is tottenham " oh how wonderful and right on , bet you love telling your friends back home what an"edgy and vibrant" area you live in, do f*** off with your social worker claptrap about how " for all the problems that we face here, one of the strengths of this multicultural working class community is the way we embrace difference just like Lord B says and reject creaking bigots that wish to destroy something new. "
Tottenham is a shithole full of the flotsam and jetsam of the world thats landed on our f***ing doorstep, nothing more nothing less , you're just too posh to see it as it really is, and view it through your tinted oh how exciting to be in the big city , lenses, i bet you have little or no interaction whatsoever with white working class londoners over 35 , ones that haven't been force fed a constant diet of how wonderful multi-culturalism is and how lucky we are to have it , in fact i know you havent or you'd realise how mightily pissed off and disenfranchised they feel.
you see now here's where you prove my point. You know nothing about me so you assume i'm a middle class social worker. All that does is betray your prejudices. I suspect this reveals your neuroses and fears of middle class people rather than any insight into me.

You go on about the white working classes being so put upon and say you have no problem with black people. Then you call Tottenham, which is filled with both black and white working class people, a shit hole. I accept as you've clearly not spent any real time here so you're working off the crap you hear from your EDL mates, but Tottenham really isn't a shit hole. The reason you think it this is because you once again make assumptions.

You say I have no experience of mixing with white working class people over 35. I'm a trade union officer, who the hell do you think makes up the bulk of the members and reps I work with. again your blinkered assumptions come out. If I was as you describe I really don't think I would be as good an officer as the members I represent clearly think i am. You see unlike you, I dont need to come on an internet sight to get validation of my prejudices. Which is why you have 9,000 more posts in a years extra membership. A bit sad isn't it

So what impression are we to get of you based upon your own words. You hate the middle classes, you hate the working classes, you spend a lot of time on a web site abusing people who really have done nothing express a positive view of others. I wonder if there's anyone you like outside of your small clique of miserable old prejudiced gits. Good luck with that.

Have fun berating me, I appreciate how important it is to you to reach the 10,000 post mark. Personally I'm too busy living my life to worry about engaging with your miserable view of life.

Jan 30, 2008
you see now here's where you prove my point. You know nothing about me so you assume i'm a middle class social worker. All that does is betray your prejudices. I suspect this reveals your neuroses and fears of middle class people rather than any insight into me.

You go on about the white working classes being so put upon and say you have no problem with black people. Then you call Tottenham, which is filled with both black and white working class people, a shit hole. I accept as you've clearly not spent any real time here so you're working off the crap you hear from your EDL mates, but Tottenham really isn't a shit hole. The reason you think it this is because you once again make assumptions.

You say I have no experience of mixing with white working class people over 35. I'm a trade union officer, who the hell do you think makes up the bulk of the members and reps I work with. again your blinkered assumptions come out. If I was as you describe I really don't think I would be as good an officer as the members I represent clearly think i am. You see unlike you, I dont need to come on an internet sight to get validation of my prejudices. Which is why you have 9,000 more posts in a years extra membership. A bit sad isn't it

So what impression are we to get of you based upon your own words. You hate the middle classes, you hate the working classes, you spend a lot of time on a web site abusing people who really have done nothing express a positive view of others. I wonder if there's anyone you like outside of your small clique of miserable old prejudiced gits. Good luck with that.

Have fun berating me, I appreciate how important it is to you to reach the 10,000 post mark. Personally I'm too busy living my life to worry about engaging with your miserable view of life.
you made a good go of it though :dunce:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Therein lies the problem, the attitude that people who have lived in a place for generations if not centuries should adapt to immigrants , why on earth should they ?

Because if they don't the whole thing doesn't work and it causes friction. Is it really that hard to show a little respect and accept other peoples culture?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He's 100% right though.

It's all well and good commenting on issues of immigration from your ivory towers in the multicultural non entity that is Brighton. Come and give south London a spin.

White middle class types who have moved to 'edgy' brixton/hackney/tottenham etc don't count either. As he said, they're so f***ing posh and the day to day trauma of inner city life doesn't affect them in one bit.

You should feel lucky that you live in a non threatening place, where your demographics haven't changed (bar the gay influx) where your kids are relatively safe enough to play out in the street. Just don't tell us living in the multicultural nightmare that it's all sweetness and light. Because it isn't.

Know Geelong well do you?

I live in a place where Multicultralism works pretty well (it's not perfect but where is?). I have Greeks on one side of me, an African woman across the road, Italians just down the street, Some bogans next to me and over the back, more poms over the road, some Iraqi refugees up the road, a catholic school on the corner, a Ukrainian club round the corner where i had a great afternoon watching the bike race in the summer.

We even have a celebration of the cultures that make up our community every year (which happens less than 50 metres from my house)
http://www.pakofesta.com.au/

I look around me and it gives me hope that multiculturalism can work (it had better because it sure aint going away is it?).

What is the difference between here and those parts of inner city London that people complain about?

Maybe we should ask this question and stop blaming the problems on one group of people who have been housed there.

Or even we could start thinking about what we can do to help the situation. Here in Geelong we have an organization designed to help immigrants settle and assimilate in the area. We have a growing number of refugees (who i welcome) moving to the area who don't speak English or understand the way things work. I am at present signing up to volunteer to teach them English over my summer holidays.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It amazes me how many of them feel that their comments are legitimate never having had to live there , or even if they have, its not the area they grew up and count as home , they can can always f*** off back "home" to sussex when tabitha starts school and they realise that a class where 45 % of the class speak english as a second language isnt exactly conducive to the kids education.

So what you are really complaining about it living in a poor and neglected area full of people who are/have been shat on by successive governments. For this you blame the other poor people who have been shat on by successive government, maybe some of them have been shat on by governments in another country and decided or were forced to try and make a new life form themselves.

For me to agree that the white working class in the UK are being treated badly all you have to do is take out the 'white' and i am right with you. It strikes me that, given that their are areas where multiculturalism works then multiculturalism isn't the problem it is more a lack of resources, funding, jobs and community services that affect the whole community regardless of colour, race or ethnicity.

Maybe you should turn your anger in another direction and see what you can do about it instead of arguing about it on a forum where you respect no-ones opinion because you perceive everyone as middles class clueless posh knobs (even when you seemly learn a lesson that your prejudices are inaccurate and force someone to bring up a pretty horrible sounding upbringing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here