Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It has led us directly to where we are now in a total greed driven economic nightmare.
How can you possibly believe that, it's complete madness. Greed has been the cause of killing for millions of years, human's are greedy, the world is greedy.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Actually, I think you're the pathetic one. Sorry - but that's that. Me and my daughter danced in the street last night, and both of us have worked all our lives and not scrounged on benefit. Some of us witnessed the evils that were Thatcherism - I can't remove your blinkers, but believe me, it wasn't good

You danced in the street to celebrate an old ladies death and you think somebody else is pathetic? Ironic :thumbsup:

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
1. Mrs T didn't lay the foundations for the internet, it evolved from Arpanet/Darpanet.
2. The GPO always had provisions for people to have more than one phone (up to 6 in a standard installation, more if required but needed a ringing converter)
3. BT was a founding partner in TSCR which evolved into Cellnet then O2
4. Average speed in France is 17.03Mb, a mere 1700% error (in the UK it is 20.05Mb which probably reflects the UK being a smaller country and a more urban environment)

Other than that though, a very well informed post.

Just what I was going to say! [on at least one of the points anyway]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trouble with blinkers is that you don't realise you're wearing them - your eyes just take in what they see (ask any race horse trainer). I don't have blinkers - I lived through it and saw it all, from a very good view point, and believe me, I saw things that sickened me.

You think what you like - it's your right in a free society - but I danced in the street last night.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Trouble with blinkers is that you don't realise you're wearing them - your eyes just take in what they see (ask any race horse trainer). I don't have blinkers - I lived through it and saw it all, from a very good view point, and believe me, I saw things that sick me.
???

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Trouble with blinkers is that you don't realise you're wearing them - your eyes just take in what they see (ask any race horse trainer). I don't have blinkers - I lived through it and saw it all, from a very good view point, and believe me, I saw things that sickened me.

You think what you like - it's your right in a free society - but I danced in the street last night.

Like I said before, running the country is probably a lot harder then you think.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

:lolol:

Dec 29, 2011
Excuse me. That's the most prattish comment I've seen on NSC tonight (and with pro- and anti- Thatcher posts there have been a lot). Those of us who remember the Thatcher era are a lot more likely to be opposed to it than youngsters who were kids at the time - we experienced what was going on, and it wasn't for the benefit of the country.

And if you're going to question my credentials as an observer of the terrible things that were happening then, I was working in Jobcentres (Benefit Offices as they were called back then) at the time. Been there, seen it, done it, sunshine...........don't accuse me of jumping on a band wagon. If there IS a band wagon, I would have helped to build it.

The education system has clearly failed you because your post has nothing to do with what I posted. I said a lot of the celebrators were under 30 and they were bandwagon jumping. Unless you're under 30 how was I accusing you of jumping of a band waggon?

Whether you like it or not they are entitled to an opinion and we are all living through the ramifications of her choices.
They are entitled to an opinion, I just wish it was one they formed themselves and wasn't one they read after reading a few Facebook status'.
I'm in my forties and lived in Liverpool in a working class area during the Thatcher era mate. What winds me up is southern aspirants who made pots of cash and started Britain off on the debt mountain roller coaster in the 80s while the north got ****ing raped.

Clearly you don't know what your talking about half as well as you think you do.

Another one who can't read. My post address under thirties, your FIRST FOUR WORDS says you're in your forties, so why would I be talking about you?

Basically, to reiterate, a lot of people I've seen celebrating are under 30 who don't really have a clue why they're celebrating, they just like 'anti-government' things, hence the bandwagon comment.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
How can you possibly believe that, it's complete madness. Greed has been the cause of killing for millions of years, human's are greedy, the world is greedy.

Yeah, true but lets exercise a bit of context here shall we?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
She was also invited to live at the Ritz a place she enjoyed, the fact that the billionaire Barclay brother hadn't paid corporation tax in 17 years (revealed last year) didn't seem to influence her moral decision.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They are entitled to an opinion, I just wish it was one they formed themselves and wasn't one they read after reading a few Facebook status'.

The good thing about her passing is that it has made people question and talk about politics, this has to be good for any health society.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The education system has clearly failed you because your post has nothing to do with what I posted. I said a lot of the celebrators were under 30 and they were bandwagon jumping. Unless you're under 30 how was I accusing you of jumping of a band waggon?

To be fair, your original comment suggested that most people who were celebrating Thatcher's death were under 30 (and didn't have memory of living under her reign in office), so for someone to reply by saying were old enough to experience Thatcher's government and were celebrating her demise yesterday is a fitting response.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For shame.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For shame.

I think she would have liked it. People marking her death by exercising their rights as consumers to buy things.

As for the age of Thatcher's detractors ... somewhere I have a letter written in 1982 by my then 88-year-old great aunt, which is one of the most vitriolic outpourings of disgust at Thatcher's responsibility for the Falklands conflict that I have ever read.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think she would have liked it. People marking her death by exercising their rights as consumers to buy things.

She believed in the free market. But I am sure the fact that this idea is sick and disguising would not have been lost on her, even if it is on you.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Irrespective of her policies and actions, I find it extremely distasteful people are openly celebrating her death. And before the "but she did so much harm and was evil etc blah blah blah" excuses are trotted out, I actually felt the same watching Americans cheering and dancing in the streets when Bin Laden was killed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here