• Yes flags please

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • No thanks no flags

Votes: 182 83.5%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree with Edna. If Brighton supporters wish to do it then then I prefer if it's due to their own volition and not a parliamentary press gang. Will I bring a sign/flag, no. Will I be happy to see others do so, yes. Nothing wrong with showing a bit of compassion.

Quote: "Will I bring a sign/flag, no"
Are you winging your way across the channel to watch the game then............

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When the elite say they want to invite the refugees into their homes they mean ours not theirs, there are just as many people who have great reservations about what is happening but the likes of Yvette Cooper thinks she can use the refugee crisis to shore up her useless leadership campaign.

It won't be Cameron & Cooper whose schools are rammed, who can't get a doctors appointment or are even further down the list for social housing.

TBF Bob Geldof said he can house 4 Families in his various empty homes…Nibble is also off in November, maybe he can let a family stay in his Gaff.

I'm sure all Britain's homeless will love the fact these "newcomers" will probably be better fed and housed than they are?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quote: "Will I bring a sign/flag, no"
Are you winging your way across the channel to watch the game then............

I'm a season ticket holder.

And it's the North Sea from where I live :wink:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have no objection to people self-organising banners, but I would disagree with the banners as some contrived cosmetic campaign. As much as I am in the Refugees Welcome camp Cooper's 'initiative' smacks of opportunism that is more about her 'credibility' as Labour leadership candidate in the election than it is to do with helping refugees, which is why I would be opposed to officially sanctioned banners.

What happened in Germany was different. There is a political culture at certain football clubs and an open welcoming culture to football in Germany in general, hence their campaign was organic and heartfelt, exhibiting a sincerity that would surely be lacking in any copycat demonstration here.

The British people have already made their feelings known with their generous response to grassroots refugee appeals with money and clothing, food etc. Football doesn't need to jump on the bandwagon. Let's just get on with the game shall we, and those that want to do their bit can do so in their own way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
I have no objection to people self-organising banners, but I would disagree with the banners as some contrived cosmetic campaign. As much as I am in the Refugees Welcome camp Cooper's 'initiative' smacks of opportunism that is more about her 'credibility' as Labour leadership candidate in the election than it is to do with helping refugees, which is why I would be opposed to officially sanctioned banners.

What happened in Germany was different. There is a political culture at certain football clubs and an open welcoming culture to football in Germany in general, hence their campaign was organic and heartfelt, exhibiting a sincerity that would surely be lacking in any copycat demonstration here.

The British people have already made their feelings known with their generous response to grassroots refugee appeals with money and clothing, food etc. Football doesn't need to jump on the bandwagon. Let's just get on with the game shall we, and those that want to do their bit can do so in their own way.

That was very well argued. I have voted no even though I would like our country to accept more migrants. The people escaping from Syria are in an appalling situation. I also believe that European countries, especially ours, have a responsibility after interfering in the Syrian civil war and trying to undermine Assad. This movement of migrants is partly the result of that. However, neither can we have an open door policy as we will be, inadvertently, assisting ISIS in their murderous campaign. Syria needs re-establishing as a functioning, safe state so that these people can go home.

As for this flag-waving campaign promoted by Yvette Copper and the Independent Newspaper, football fans should avoid becoming pawns in other peoples political games. There has become an increasing tendency from politicians and the FA to promote certain causes. We go to football because we support a football club not because we have the same political or social views.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No. There is no place for politics in football. I go to football to watch my team, not change the world.

My thoughts exactly, which is why I'm never keen when our troops are involved in sports events either.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No way do I want to see political flag waving at any game, particularly not the game against Hull as it has been chosen to remember the plane crash victims.

However, I have been disappointed to read some of NSC citing the needs of homeless Brits, queues at the doctors and pressure on schools as reasons to not be involved in this.
I am up for welcoming a few thousand of the millions of Syrians fleeing war, but not at a football match and certainly not because some Politician asks me to.

This is currently Jordans third largest city, a Syrian refugee camp of over a million people. I leave it to the Government to decide how many we can take, but those that come are welcome to a bit of peace.
jordanian refugee camp.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I won't be waving any campaign flags at the Amex ever I'd have thought.

For me, it's not the time or the place to do so, but I'm not too stressed if anyone else wants to - that's really up to them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Feels like we're just copying Bayern. Couldn't we do something ORIGINAL?

Or maybe copy the really good bits like very cheap tickets and drinking good beer in the seats?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Awful idea and simply copying something someone else has already done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
:p:p
Even better idea:

"A Change.org petition calling for Katie Hopkins to be swapped for 50,000 refugees has been signed by over 50,000 people. The petition proposes Hopkins be sent over to Syria to free up space her “massive head takes up” for refugees."
why don't you join her,then Germany could take another 100,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here