Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron set to resign

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Speech very dignified in defeat. He was quite emotional at the end.

Indeed it was. That speech can be interpreted in many ways. He was gracious but to me there was a subtext that said 'I'm not dealing with this shit'. A shame because even though it was a bit sh.t stability with the current cabinet, it was still stability.

British politics could go in any direction from here.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Been saying that since the start. The cynic in me doesn't even believe Boris truly wanted to leave Europe, it was just his ticket to number 10

Yes, he was very much pro EU in 2013. Bloody hypocrite !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Poisoned chalice for Boris. First of all, detailed negotiations are not his strength and that will be the order of the day for the next couple of years.

Secondly, he's loathed by many Tory MPs - even if he is popular in the party. It will be the Corbyn situation again (although he's not as unpopular in parliament as JC is)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Failed to broker the deal with the EU which would have seen the remain side comfortably win this vote instead ignored the momentum of the immigration debate in this country and ultimately has paid the price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been saying that since the start. The cynic in me doesn't even believe Boris truly wanted to leave Europe, it was just his ticket to number 10
This has never ever been about Europe.

The country has been ripped apart by a power struggle dating back to The Bullingdon Club days.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty weak from Cameron. We need leadership to sort this mess out not him taking his ball away.

Pathetic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty weak from Cameron. We need leadership to sort this mess out not him taking his ball away.

Pathetic.
What did you expect.

Cameron has been weak on Europe since day one.
He's been incredibly weak all campaign.

Why would you think he'd stick around now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reports in serious media of an attempted coup against Corbyn in the offing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Theresa May to be next Prime Minister hopefully. A strong person for a stronger country.

Weren't Cameron, Osborne & May the three architects and leading lights of the Remain campaign? What credibility will any of them retain?

House of cards anyone?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Pathetic.

Personally think he did the right thing, despite the fact he didn't really have an awful lot of choice. I was a staunch remainer, but now the vote has been taken to leave, I want a leader negotiating the exit who actually believes in it, not one who didn't want it in the first place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Theresa May to be next Prime Minister hopefully. A strong person for a stronger country.
Seems to me like she's been sitting quietly waiting for all of this to unravel, it's all going swimmingly for her so far. Some may call it clever, some may think she's a snake.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

She's the only credible candidate in a good position currently and who hasn't made enemies in the debate. Wouldn't be surprised if her low profile in the debate was a cabinet or cchq strategy as a hedge against a leave vote, so that there was someone left to take over who has experience, credibility and capability and who wasn't tainted by all the in-fighting.
Her social policy leanings are a concern, but she probably fits the bill as the best compromise candidate internally for the parliamentary party. I think she is the clear favourite at this time, but October gives a good lead time for someone else to come forward or one of the in/out fighters to be rehabilitated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems to me like she's been sitting quietly waiting for all of this to unravel, it's all going swimmingly for her so far. Some may call it clever, some may think she's a snake.
She's cleverly ensured she hasn't been tagged as a 'Referendum Liar'.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

As I mused previously, may well be that her low profile was a party or cabinet strategy rather than a personal one....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here