Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Playing for our U21's in PL2 does not count.

I’m convinced we had someone who couldn’t move because they’d already played on loan and for our U21s but digging deeper it would appear that you are right and playing for our U21s doesn’t count towards the two clubs rule. Andreas Dreyer played for 2 clubs plus our u23s in the 18-19 and 19-20 seasons.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Was trying to find the thread I started to which people were posting today and it has gone - Slightly confused therefore why a 3 year old thread by a banned member with 6 mostly off-topic posts on it has been suddenly bumped after 3 years and merged with a thread I started last January which was left to run to 9 ongoing pages? Peupion hadn’t even started playing for Brighton when the original post was made and the thread from 2020 certainly wasn’t a current one.

It makes the first and several of the subsequent posts on the subsequent thread completely non-sensical - this player was off the radar for several years before I started a thread about him.

Bizarre piece of moderating. There’s been no content value whatsoever in merging these threads.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That’s what I thought initially because how could someone be so wrong about Hinshelwood as recently as October when among other things, he had already been called up to the U18 England squad back in June (were it not for an injury) and then I thought too, no one would shorten ‘Hinchy’ to ’Hinsh’.
Well even Jack Hinchy is getting closer to the first team, he was on the bench for the Marseilles game last week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Playing for the Albion tonight v Lyon.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hinsh been one of our best players since Athens. Any other great insights from you?
He's doing better than expected for someone his age. He's definitely not ready to be starting week in week out in the epl though. If you think that then be prepared for 5/6th bottom.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's doing better than expected for someone his age. He's definitely not ready to be starting week in week out in the epl though. If you think that then be prepared for 5/6th bottom.

Give it a rest.

For a start he isn't starting week in, week out. He's started 3 Premier League games and came off the bench for 3. Our record in those 6 games is 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats. Those defeats are to Aston Villa, Chelsea and Arsenal (all away from home). He's also started the away game at AEK Athens and the home game against Marseille, we won both. So the notion that we'd be a bottom 5/6 side with Hinsh playing is absolute bollocks. He's a young player thrust into a side that is battling a huge injury list and competing for the first time in Europe.

His improvement with each appearance is clear to see, except for you as you keep doubling down on this ridiculous notion he's some sort of liability and continually playing him will lead to certain doom.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No one here has said he is ready to start ‘week in week out’ - and that’s not what has been happening- he came on for Veltman as a necessity v Arsenal but has only been doing 60 mins generally and has improved exponentially even in a few months.

People are reacting to this piece of not very shrewd analysis:

Only the top top players at under 23/21 level make it possibly one a year. Cams not one of those and hinsh isn't either

Your suggestion that Hinsh won’t make it to PL level is utter rubbish frankly.

AFAIAC and many others who have been watching him the last month he already has and quite possibly will make it to future England youth squads too. Players don’t come as a finished package from the Academy - it’s still a big jump - it’s not fair to rule them out before they’ve even had a chance to develop at that level through match experience and Hinshelwood is already advanced for his age as is Ferguson.

Honestly, I am getting so pi££ed off with the same people trashing our young players - give them a chance to develop ffs.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Give it a rest.

For a start he isn't starting week in, week out. He's started 3 Premier League games and came off the bench for 3. Our record in those 6 games is 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats. Those defeats are to Aston Villa, Chelsea and Arsenal (all away from home). He's also started the away game at AEK Athens and the home game against Marseille, we won both. So the notion that we'd be a bottom 5/6 side with Hinsh playing is absolute bollocks. He's a young player thrust into a side that is battling a huge injury list and competing for the first time in Europe.

His improvement with each appearance is clear to see, apart from for you as you keep doubling down on this ridiculous notion he's some sort of liability and continually playing him will lead to certain doom.
He’s very quickly gone from looking technically good but (understandably) a bit nervous (Villa game) to looking technically excellent and like he belongs - even being played out of position which is remarkable at his age. Probably got a future superstar on our hands.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Back on topic, I was at Bristol Rovers Vs Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago and Peupion came on for the last 20 mins. He had one or two nice touches, made a good pass to set up one half-chance, but overall looked a bit lightweight and didn't really make an impact. General feedback from Cheltenham fans I spoke to was more of the same - not really the player you want in a team fighting League One relegation, but the sort of player who might actually look better at a higher level with more technical players around him.

Worth noting that he really hasn't been given enough opportunities at Cheltenham to make much judgement though. He was loaned under a previous manager who wanted to play passing football, but after that led to one of the worst starts in league history, their new manager has gone for a hoofball approach - which is bringing them results, but I suspect is why we're recalling him.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Decision making not the best tonight.
A few occasions admittedly and he still needs to bulk up definitely - a year can make a lot of difference to physicality. I’m not judging him as an established PL player but as a 21 year old youth player who is still developing.

No doubt if he gets to play any minutes with the first team in the New Year as cover for Adingra/Mitoma/March, he will sadly be the target of scapegoating and condemnation of those NSCers who don’t understand youth development is a process and think no player should play with our first team unless they are PL hardened and as good as our more experienced players even when those more experienced players aren’t available .🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here