Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m seeing reports that we’ve recalled this lad from loan.

So, our Jan/Feb wingers when our regulars are at AFCON/The AFC Asian Cup will probably be Peupion/Mazilu/Baker-Boaitey/Barrington/Hinshlewood

F me. That's a league one line up of wingers. Club need to do some serious business in Jan or we might as well write of Jan/feb

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
F me. That's a league one line up of wingers. Club need to do some serious business in Jan or we might as well write of Jan/feb
Always cheery :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd trust young Peupion to come in for Adingra. he's a different sort of winger, more likely to go down the outside to the wing then cut it back for midfielders to run on to. Probably go out on another loan though

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m seeing reports that we’ve recalled this lad from loan.

So, our Jan/Feb wingers when our regulars are at AFCON/The AFC Asian Cup will probably be Peupion/Mazilu/Baker-Boaitey/Barrington/Hinshlewood

What could possibly go wrong…

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good to see images of Peupion training with the First team on Thursday morning - I confess to not watching much PL2 but he impressed me against Palace on Sunday. Is it just me or can anyone else see him debutting with the first team squad before the end of this season? What is his overall form looking like …?

Highlights here

There are a few youngsters starting to look the part Peupion, Spong and Moran are the ones that have impressed me over several games this season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd trust young Peupion to come in for Adingra. he's a different sort of winger, more likely to go down the outside to the wing then cut it back for midfielders to run on to. Probably go out on another loan though
Yes. Peupion wasn't getting game time at League 2 Cheltenham Town so almost certainly he's being recalled for another loan elsewhere to help with his development. He's most unlikely to be part of RDZ 's plans .
My guess the plan is for Asia Cup/ AFCOn - Buonanotte, Pedro, to fill in there and a signing to replace March with hope that Enciso/ Ansu Fati are there from end Feb onwards. Also I guess Mazilu will be signed and possibly loaned back until 2024/5. Barrington is promsing and has been in a couple of squads but too early i'd say. Perhaps BBB will get some more minutes but i doubt thats Plan A.
So my guess @dwayne - is it won't be relying on a L1 or even L2 line up of wingers.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are a few youngsters starting to look the part Peupion, Spong and Moran are the ones that have impressed me over several games this season
Spong has been released unfortunately, now plays for Queens Park up in Scotland.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can already see from a few appearances this guy ain’t gonna make it for us
I could already see after one appearance in a PL2 match a year ago that he very possibly could ( clearly RDZ feels the same if he is calling him back) and you are writing him off for no good reason - I think you don’t know how to recognise potential tbh.

We were playing this guy last season now he's on loan to the team rock bottom of league one !! That's some come down for him. Doesn't feel like the best loan ala caicedo to beerschot
We were were not ‘playing‘ him last season - he was on the bench with several other youngsters that were being assessed by RDZ - one cup match against Forest Green and a few minutes debut in a League match - hardly a ‘ come down’ to be sent out in loan by a Club that clearly sees his potential and wants to keep developing him. As for your comments about Hinshelwood and Caceido - :facepalm:

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I could already see after one appearance in a PL2 match a year ago that he very possibly could ( clearly RDZ feels the same if he is calling him back) and you are writing him off for no good reason - I think you don’t know how to recognise potential tbh.
Isn’t he being recalled more due to lack of games?

TBH the U21 games I saw, he wasn’t that great IMO…. But then to be fair, he did also have a particularly good run last season in the U21s as well, so who knows?

Time will tell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly that. He was getting game time at Cheltenham Town. He's only made a handful of appearances.
He's also played once for Brighton in the EFL trophy this season - so we can't loan him out again this season (unless EFL trophy matches aren't counted?). He may have played for us in PL2 this season before going out loan too; if so, that would probably rule him out of another loan.

I hope Weir isn't disadvantaged in the same way.
Edit: Phew! Weir doesn't appear to have appeared for our U21s this season.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Isn’t he being recalled more due to lack of games?
I was responding to the post saying he should be written off because he was sent out on loan to a league 1 club and a few games was enough to say he will never make the grade with us.

But yes, he wasn’t getting the minutes he needed at Cheltenham as I said - but if he has only been recalled because the loan isn’t working out, he will be going straight back on loan to another League 1 club if that’s allowed I would have thought (or not recalled at all if not ) not brought in to help us with the first XI so let’s see what happen - maybe he’ll finish the season in PL2?

I suspect he may get an opportunity to play some minutes in the New Year when Adingra and Mitoma are on international duty - Brighton will have to make a decision though very soon either way about whether or not to renew his contract as he is a free agent in June 2024..

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't think the EFL trophy game counts as a first team fixture for us, so he should be fine to play for another club.

I’m sure there was someone else a couple of seasons ago who couldn’t make a second loan move as they’d already played for our Under 21s in that season and combined with the first loan move that counted as two separate clubs.

In the case of Peupion he’s played for us in both the Football League Trophy and Premier League 2 this season.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’m sure there was someone else a couple of seasons ago who couldn’t make a second loan move as they’d already played for our Under 21s in that season and combined with the first loan move that counted as two separate clubs.

In the case of Peupion he’s played for us in both the Football League Trophy and Premier League 2 this season.

Playing for our U21's in PL2 does not count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here