Oct 19, 2003

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So true the after dinner circuit is incredibly lucrative, not to mention any advisory roles he may take up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-a-lot-of-good-work-for-charity-8633687.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192396/MPs-earning-13-TIMES-salary-taking-second-jobs.html

Politicians don't seem to be doing too badly (perhaps they should get paid more and be asked to give up their other work?). Would appear that for some this payrise really is a drop in the ocean. I can't help feeling that it could be put to better use elsewhere. Surely the rise isn't worth the bad PR alone in these times of austerity. Aren't they getting a new or refurbished workplace soon?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The argument for what they do they should probably get paid more is a valid one.

But then so is the argument that whilst the rest of the country is having to tighten their belts, MPs getting a pay rise is wrong. Cameron understands that and as Prime Minister of this country he could probably make more of a fuss about it than he does.

But what really is wrong is the argument I read the other day that the pay rise is needed in some way to avoid the expenses excesses that we saw before. I'm sorry, MPs need to be paid more so they don't abuse public money again?? WTF.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which is?

If you're referring to my leaving the country, as I've stated before I am leaving in November. I run a business, provisions have to be made for staff, people who supply my business, people who have signed up to my services. I have a Stepfather with cancer that needs caring for. Unlike you lot, I honour my obligations.

Yes,you said you would leave the country if the Tories won the election,well done you for honouring your obligation you gave on NSC and you are actually leaving the UK for good because of the nasty tories.

I would like to ask though what you think you are achieving with this action if anything? Its fairly obvious to everyone you are close to a breakdown with your hatred of the Tories and maybe a move far away is the best thing for you mentally.

Personally i think you are a wally,i dont think i have ever heard of anyone leaving the UK because their preferred party didnt win the election.

All power to you nibble......dont forget to take your vagina with you when you depart the UK .

D

Deleted member 22389

So Cameron is taking his pay rise and so probably is every other Tory, Labour, Lib Dem and SNP member. They are all the same. It's insensitive, but I wouldn't expect anything different.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-a-lot-of-good-work-for-charity-8633687.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192396/MPs-earning-13-TIMES-salary-taking-second-jobs.html

Politicians don't seem to be doing too badly (perhaps they should get paid more and be asked to give up their other work?). Would appear that for some this payrise really is a drop in the ocean. I can't help feeling that it could be put to better use elsewhere. Surely the rise isn't worth the bad PR alone in these times of austerity. Aren't they getting a new or refurbished workplace soon?

Yes, I'd have less objection to that.

I have to say although I think the PM should receive a lot more, there is something morally wrong about this increase particularly when some NHS members of staff have had their pay frozen for 3-5 years.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes,you said you would leave the country if the Tories won the election,well done you for honouring your obligation you gave on NSC and you are actually leaving the UK for good because of the nasty tories.

I would like to ask though what you think you are achieving with this action if anything? Its fairly obvious to everyone you are close to a breakdown with your hatred of the Tories and maybe a move far away is the best thing for you mentally.

Personally i think you are a wally,i dont think i have ever heard of anyone leaving the UK because their preferred party didnt win the election.

All power to you nibble......dont forget to take your vagina with you when you depart the UK .

I imagine there's a lot of things you haven't heard of.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I imagine there's a lot of things you haven't heard of.

Oh come on, you were planning of leaving regardless of what government was elected but the opportunity of being able to wear your leftie badge was too much to avoid so you claimed you would be leaving if the Tories won. You'd have left even if Labour had won.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh come on, you were planning of leaving regardless of what government was elected but the opportunity of being able to wear your leftie badge was too much to avoid so you claimed you would be leaving if the Tories won. You'd have left even if Labour had won.

Fair's fair, you're quite right. I'll be back next year though so I'm hoping there's some kind of coup in the meantime.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fair's fair, you're quite right. I'll be back next year though so I'm hoping there's some kind of coup in the meantime.

Smoke and mirrors Nibble, smoke and mirrors. Ever thought of becoming a politician - you'd quite clearly fit in ?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
it's simple hypocracy .Tough decisions will have to be made .Disabled people will
have to have less welfare.We are all in together.1% pay rise for public sector workers
for 4 years .Are Mp's public sector workers?
Regardless if you think Mp's are paid enough this means austerity is not for the people
who are responsible for implementing it on others

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So as far as I can see (and this applies to MPs of all parties) austerity doesn't apply if you can put a case for not being paid the going rate for the responsibility you take.

I would have thought Nurses and Teachers could put forward a reasonable case. Wonder if they will be able to ignore this austerity that we are all in together ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why does the op keeping telling conservative voters to 'hang their heads in shame'. I voted Tory because, in my view, they were by far the best of the bad bunch. No reason to hang my head in shame and the constant whinging is pretty dull

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No no no Nibble, you'd said you go by November, you are slowly but surely turning into the Jim Davidson of the board!

Well it's my decision not yours. Go live your own life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports