Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron decides to take the pay rise.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yet he takes the rise regardless. Oh well, I guess the majority voted ( they didn't, the y took part in an outdated voting system that was never designed for this many parties) so we'll all just lay down and accept it.

All the best with that.

Ha. Brilliant, so I demonstrate that he has always been against the pay rise, even though there is not proof to say 'he wouldn't take it'. The other option is to let MPs decide their own pay - that went well before 2009!
Please do continue to throw your toys out of the pram through irrelevant points in the face of the facts, it really is amusing.

How on earth FPTP is related to MPs pay I do not know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you knew how IPSA worked (which you dont) you would understand that if Cameron vetoed this - as his Government has the power to do. Then IPSA would become redudant, as is stated in the articles which by it was created.

He never rejected the pay rise, he called it not appropriate, which is very very different.

You say it always decides in favour of the Government, but on this very issue it has opposed them.

From the Guardian:

The government has written to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) to underline concerns over the body’s decision to increase MPs’ pay by £6,700 a year.

“A pay rise of this nature at this time is not appropriate,” says the letter from the leader of the House of Commons, Chris Grayling.

For example Mhari Black - the 20 year old SNP MP doesn't want the pay rise, and is giving it to charity, good on her. But she still has to accept it, just the same as David Cameron does.

This is the same Cameron who has frozen Ministers pay for 10 years - where is the thread on that?

Like it or not lefties, these are the facts. Cameron never said he wouldn't take it (as far as I know) but did tell IPSA was inappropriate back in 2013 when it was first proposed (along with Clegg and Milibland). Seems to me that IPSA have taken very little or no account of the current environment surrounding public sector pay as the rise simply can't be considered fair when other public sector employee wages are being held down

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Caroline Lucas is giving hers to charity.

What a wonderful person she is and thanks for sharing her kindness with us. She will be giving that percentage of her salary for the next, say, 10 years to charity. Could even be longer. Silly me for doubting human nature.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't see what the issue is, how many people on this board have ever refused a pay rise? And the salary for job he does is terrible anyway. Most CEOs will earn twice what he will and he's the CEO of an entire country. There can't be many more stressful jobs than being Prime Minister, regardless of which party you are in.

I agree that the PM salary is low. However a significant number of MP's do have second jobs which supplement their income.

Once the job is over (and DC has said he won't be PM for a third term), then there are very lucrative non-exec posts in industry to be trousered or the lecture circuit, just look at Tony Blair.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cushty little job really being an mp, sit around all day bullshitting n get paid mega bucks for it

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And that makes what difference exactly? Pay rise? Okay. Maybe. But to bang on about how much you don't agree with it but then trouser it anyway. Born a ****. Ministers like a ****. Will die a ****. ****.

Grow up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Caroline Lucas is giving hers to charity.

A better idea would be to donate it to Brighton & Hove City Council so they can buy some lawn mowers that actually cut grass on a slight incline.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let them scratch about for their bullshit wages and expenses, if you work hard and come up with a few ideas you can earn five times more than what these idiots think they deserve.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What the country does need to do urgently is reduce the number of MPs. I suggest from 650 to 400. We absolutely do not need 650 MPs to represent a country the size of the UK. And while we're at it, reduce the size of the House of Lords by at lease a third.

That will reduce the cost of government by a sizeable amount.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No. I think they are underpaid. What I take umbridge with is saying you won't take it, then take, then state you don't agree with it but still take it. Utter, utter slimeball.

Whilst I may agree with your sentiment I must disagree with your spelling of umbrage.

:smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What the country does need to do urgently is reduce the number of MPs. I suggest from 650 to 400. We absolutely do not need 650 MPs to represent a country the size of the UK. And while we're at it, reduce the size of the House of Lords by at lease a third.

The reduction to 600 MPs was laid out in the Conservative Party manifesto for those who didn't read past the mission statement :lol: Review in 2016 , implementation in 2018 so that in 2020 Labour will need a minimum12.5% swing to win enough seats to form the next Government.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

They're increasing the Lords to 800+ with a fresh intake of CRONIES and LAP DOGS

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So you're happy he stated he would refuse it. Say he disagrees with it but take it anyway? Happy with that stance? From the leader of the country? Unbelievable.

You said you'd be leaving the country as soon the Tories won a GE ..... still here though aren't you ?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even though he "doesn't agree with it"

What a ****. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame. Will you ever learn. What will it take?
So when the Tories reduce tax, and you don't agree with it, do you donate the saving to the government? Or are you the same as every other do gooder leftie, who's happy to preach morality, but become somewhat more greedy when it's your own money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here