Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not much good if under those circumstances Calderwood is unwilling to continue working for us, we would need to put him on gardening leave and get a replacement in anyway.

If that was the case then we'd consider disciplinary action against CC. If you are under contract to do a job, then you are obliged to get on with it. The only way out would be for Villa to stump up a compensation payment that we accept. Considering our stance on players this season I think that a payment of over £5m may be the starting point! What AV must realise is that we won't just roll over. They aren't a superpower anymore. The only concession I can see to this is that we understand CC wants to move closer to home for personal reasons...but letting him go to a potential rival for promotion (which they probably still are, just about), I doubt we'd entertain it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The best defence in the League was bound to attract some attention I suppose.

Hopefully CC's working relationship with CH, the relative prospects of the two teams this season, and the whatever cash renumeration he's on here here will outweigh whatever Villa are throwing at him and the Northampton family aspect.

Villa also have one of those chinese owners. They blow with the wind - half a dozen bad results, and the manager is immediately under pressure. He's started alright, but if Bruce doesn't have Villa AT LEAST challenging the Playoffs this season, then a run of bad results could see Dr Tony getting an itchy trigger finger there before too long. The expectations there are MASSIVE.

Calderwood is onto a good thing here. Lets hope he knows it.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Lives in Northampton apparently. The bloke also said 'at least wants to talk to villa' - Vila bigger blub but BHA much better ran and have better facilities. Also BHA look more likely for promotion than Villa.

Slightly off topic but is always baffles me the commutes that people in football are prepared to make. A 258 mile, four hour round trip (without traffic) 5-6 times a week.

You could hardly blame him if he wants to work closer to home - that would kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The timing of this is particularly shitty given we have just had an international break, seems like it has been timed purposefully to have the most unsettling effect.

Really REALLY hope we stuff them now.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If this is all just mind games then it's a massive compliment. Rewind 5 years and you would never think that Aston Villa would have to resort to stories about their players not playing, being after our players and now our assistant

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Andy Naylor just tweeted

"Confirmation Villa-bound Calderwood has resigned as Albion No.2. Was placed on gardening leave Saturday to serve notice period. #bhafc"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Slightly off topic but is always baffles me the commutes that people in football are prepared to make. A 258 mile, four hour round trip (without traffic) 5-6 times a week.

You could hardly blame him if he wants to work closer to home - that would kill me.

Normally it's a case of your family members moving with you as being involved in football normally ends this way....Maybe he's in the wrong game or needs a job at Northampton town lol

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Resigned.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Annoying and odd but replaceable I'd imagine. An annoying disruption to the team though. Extra Incentive to win tomorrow for me :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's on gardening leave for his notice period - however long that is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Surely must stay down here in the week and just go back certain times. But yes, even footballers in the pro game moving all the time must be so hard - yes the money makes it easier at top level but I wouldn't like to move due to work every 3 years or so...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here