Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
CC is a very good defensive coach - as shown by our record this season. Whilst he is ultimately replaceable, the timing of this could not be worse. Bloom needs to keep him here until the end of the season at least.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its football nowadays i'm afraid.
If true, and it seems that it is then you can only repeat the usual reply that if you was doing a good job at work and a bigger company headhunted you and paid you more money then you would probably leave, its only because we are Brighton fans that we don't like it.
CH & CC have a long relationship and seem to work very well together as has been proved on the pitch, it could be a very tricky job to successfully replace him.
(he has not finished playing yet but i would like to see Calde get some badges and come back)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Isn't calderwood under contract so we
Can just tell Villa to do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Isn't calderwood under contract so we
Can just tell Villa to do one.

Not much good if under those circumstances Calderwood is unwilling to continue working for us, we would need to put him on gardening leave and get a replacement in anyway.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Didn't he have family issues earlier in season? Are they closer to Midlands?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He can catch the Villa coach back with them if the talks go well with Barber.

:albion2:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Not much good if under those circumstances Calderwood is unwilling to continue working for us, we would need to put him on gardening leave and get a replacement in anyway.

If we were willing to run the same risk with Dale Stephens then surely we will do the same here.Provided that our stance is the same.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A bit odd but anyone can talk to anyone. I would have thought that it would be in his interest to finish a job here, get promoted, and offered more money or leave with a better CV.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lives in Northampton apparently. The bloke also said 'at least wants to talk to villa' - Vila bigger blub but BHA much better ran and have better facilities. Also BHA look more likely for promotion than Villa.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How ironic 24hrs before the match although if he wants to go then so be it as we'll find a adequate replacement anyway:)

Ironic indeed. It's as if Sky are showing Brighton Vs Villa tomorrow night and the hacks need an angle and a story and are prepared to make stuff up?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we were willing to run the same risk with Dale Stephens then surely we will do the same here.Provided that our stance is the same.

Bit easier to isolate a player of he's not in it mentally, not same for a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here