Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Interesting reading Gus's comments about inigo in today's Argus. Been meaning to start a topic on here about him for a while, but Gus has pretty much said what i wanted to say about him in today's rag. An "ambassador" for the club and his help getting the other Spanish players settled in Brighton is invaluable in my opinion. Met him when a few of us in the greyhound syndicate took the dogs to the Amex and have to say he was a proper Gent. All this bearing in mind he isn't even in the side.
I really hope he gets a contract extension because inigo around the club in any capacity is a major plus for BHA.:albion2:

Totally agree he is a man on the Gus bus and a possable future manager

el punal

I don't agree that Bruno is better. He started off ok but the bloke seems unable to defend and constantly gives the ball away. In my opinion he flatters to deceive. Much prefer Calde's 100% attitude and he rarely lets you down.

I agree. Bruno seems to have lost his early season swagger (that game against Sheff.Wed for example). Lately he has been prone to losing possession, mis-placing passes and not as incisive in attack as he used to. Hopefully, this is just a blip in form as I consider him to be a fantastic asset to the team when he's on song.

Calde . . . .the guy's an Albion legend, and you're right - he rarely let's you down.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think that Bruno is the best right back generally but has been a little off of top form recently. Calderon hasnt looked to be an improvement when ever he has played or come on recently.

Completely agree. Perhaps Calderon deserves a start as Bruno has been a bit shaky recently but there's no question in my mind Bruno is definitely the best right back at the club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Calderon was pretty poor earlier in the season as well when it came to defending. At home to Ipswich and at Millwall unable to defend a long diagonal ball from the opposition. Both better going forward to be honest although personally I think Bruno has been dire of late and needs a break. I'm sure they are both lovely chaps though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree. Bruno seems to have lost his early season swagger (that game against Sheff.Wed for example). Lately he has been prone to losing possession, mis-placing passes and not as incisive in attack as he used to. Hopefully, this is just a blip in form as I consider him to be a fantastic asset to the team when he's on song.

Calde . . . .the guy's an Albion legend, and you're right - he rarely let's you down.

Most players take a while to get back to their best after an Achilles injury. Calde is becoming more of a utility player than dedicated RB , both him and Bruno are liable to getting slaughtered by pacey wingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here