Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Should be in the team at the moment in front of Bruno IMHO. Seems to be a top fella as well.

Agree. Bruno has been having a bit of a mare lately, Calde deserves his chance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Whilst he doesn't start at RB let alone CB, LB, DM he's good enough to in any of those for many sides (especially playing our tactics). Given he adds other things would rather have him on bench than Painter or Vincelot (he gone yeh?)

Neither has done anything wrong just Calde is better and adds so much else too

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Calde is suffering from the versatile tag. He's on the bench because he can play right across the back. and so, whilst Bruno is fit enough to play, Calde will be named amongst the subs.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I watched him last Saturday from the North Stand and as the last few minutes were being played out instead of being in front of the west stand warming up he was in front of N1A cheering like a fan !!

Top player and bloke IMHO

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree.. for me Bruno is still dining out on a couple of decent games at the beginning of the season, in particular Sheffield Wednesday at home.
I am probably blinded by Calderon tinted spectacles, but I think he deserves to be back in at RB this weekend. I totally agree that he is the ultimate professional and a excellent ambassador for the club. Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

Agree. Calderon should be at RB against Huddersfield.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bruno looks a bit "off colour"

Racist

If I was Calderon I wouldn't want all this ambasador hullabaloo from Gus, I'd want MINUTES ON THE PITCH. Painter had two bad games for Bournemuff and was dropped. Bruno has been our worst player for four games on the trot. Calderon should not have been dropped in the first place, he should certainly be back now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would be gutted if Calde doesn't get a new contract.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Racist

If I was Calderon I wouldn't want all this ambasador hullabaloo from Gus, I'd want MINUTES ON THE PITCH. Painter had two bad games for Bournemuff and was dropped. Bruno has been our worst player for four games on the trot. Calderon should not have been dropped in the first place, he should certainly be back now.

I think Calde is being very smart in terms of doing everything he can to make himself indispensible to club, so they keep him on in some capacity post-playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Future manager?

(Don't necessarily mean for us, just in general)
Why would you want one of the best assets in our current set up, to go elsewhere?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IMHO there is very little to chose between Bruno and Calderon both on their day are very good, both are likely to have a poor game
But more importantly Buckley seems less of a player with Bruno.

I couldn't believe Bruno was as good as he was, when he arrived.
It was definitely a case of Calde who?

Bruno's not a flash in the pan, but something's not right.
There's no way, on current form he's the best right back at the club.
Bruno isn't even the third best. (I'd hazard a guess Bridcutt would push him for fourth best).

Calde deserves to be in the starting 11, but as said I think he's made a rod for his own back.
Why would you play him when he can sub for pretty much 6 positions on the pitch.

The bloke is pure legend.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I think Calde is suffering from the versatile tag. He's on the bench because he can play right across the back. and so, whilst Bruno is fit enough to play, Calde will be named amongst the subs.
But I don't understand this. Can't Gus just start Calderon at RB, then if he's needed somewhere else, move him there and sub the other player for Bruno to fill in at RB?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Bruno is the best right back generally but has been a little off of top form recently. Calderon hasnt looked to be an improvement when ever he has played or come on recently.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What's the Spanish translation for 'He's a triffick lad, with a triffiick attitude'? I'd deffo go with that. :clap2:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
All up to him I feel. I'm sure we will offer him a contract but it's down to whether he wants more game time which I doubt we can offer him a great deal of.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think that Bruno is the best right back generally but has been a little off of top form recently. Calderon hasnt looked to be an improvement when ever he has played or come on recently.

Yeah I agree. I love Calde but Bruno is the better RB for my money. Having a player of his quality on the bench is a nice feeling though! To compete at this level you need to have that bench that's up to scratch when called upon.

He's also one of the more 'defensive' subs we have which is hilarious when you think how often he bombs forward!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Calde is tied down 'til 2014. No need to worry about him leaving just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here