Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon last night.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's almost as if CH knew what he was doing, and had confidence in Calde to do a job. Who'da thunk it? :dunce:

Delighted for that man. A true Albion legend in the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From you that's high praise. Perhaps you have seen the error of...

....oh. Silly me. Fancy not realising you were going to contradict yourself in the same sentence. You do - very generously and very graciously - point out it wasn't 'entirely his fault'. I'm sure he'll be delighted to escape your singling out for sole criticism.

I don't suppose we get a critique of the rest of the squad's culpability for those matches? Or was it just down to him?

No, it was entirely his fault that our 2 experienced, recognised left backs got long term injuries within about 2 weeks of each other and that he happened to be the next best option.

The drop off in the team's results also had nothing to do with injuries in every other position, with the exception of 'keeper and central midfield. And the pick up in results was down to Ridgewell replacing Calde, and nothing to do with the outstanding form of Knockeart since he signed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would a banner not be a bit of a waste of money? Given the small amount of home games left and Calde contract being up in the summer?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From you that's high praise. Perhaps you have seen the error of...

....oh. Silly me. Fancy not realising you were going to contradict yourself in the same sentence. You do - very generously and very graciously - point out it wasn't 'entirely his fault'. I'm sure he'll be delighted to escape your singling out for sole criticism.

I don't suppose we get a critique of the rest of the squad's culpability for those matches? Or was it just down to him?

I am prepared to give praise when it is due and criticize when that is due and do not consider myself to be a pompous orat.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
A stripped down version...

Banner2.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

My opinion, FWIW, is that you will come up with something excellent - but this isn't it (yet)

Too much going on - would be much more effective if a lot simpler.

Keep the colour scheme. Keep the image. Lose the shield. Lose the face line.
Consider changing the basque text, to "Dena kondaira esker" (I THINK - 'Thanks for everything, Legend')

Or actually better still, simply "CALDE, KONDAIRA" in massive letters.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I am prepared to give praise when it is due and criticize when that is due and do not consider myself to be a pompous orat.

Was that criticism you gave? Sorry, I thought it was unwarranted blame.

What a silly orat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's not intentional and has been refuted on several occasions but this doesn't half feel like the 'Calde Farewell Tour'.

I refuse to accept that as even a possibility.

He is Inigo Calderon of the Clan Calderon. I was born in 1984 in the village of Vitoria on the shores of Lake Larregana . And he is
immortal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know it's not intentional and has been refuted on several occasions but this doesn't half feel like the 'Calde Farewell Tour'.

I refuse to accept that as even a possibility.

He is Inigo Calderon of the Clan Calderon. I was born in 1984 in the village of Vitoria on the shores of Lake Larregana . And he is
immortal.

Well unfortunately, a fairwell tour, is just what this may prove to be, unless the club offer him somer sort of coaching or background role. No one ios immortal not even the legend that is Calde.

Perhaps we should just be grateful that he has been with us for so long. Now if Gus hadn't relented after Calde had talked to Southampton . . .

Jimmy Grimble

I can't be the only one who finds the 'scores with his face' song a little irritating. It reminds me of a shit season, it's a dull, overused tune and is not exactly befitting of Calderon's status (yes, I know the song is a bit of a joke but it's rubbish).

What I'm saying is, I like the newest design - just delete the scores with his face part. That shouldn't be what defines Calderon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Calde and Crofts will never let you down is the opinion of the few who I sit with, people may knock them but whenever either of these two play they will give you everything and more.

Never in doubt that Calde could do a job at left back, hell he did a pretty decent job at right wing last season, stick him upfront and he would give it a go there as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here