Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon last night.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
if any creative person is up for designing a banner I will fund it
This offer must be taken up. More banners needed at The Amex.

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
This offer must be taken up. More banners needed at The Amex.

I stand by my word. I secretly have that bloom goodfather banner (rescaled and big). stashed away for the right day. A calde banner could be out on the regular any graphic designer or creative minds get together, within a week it will be seen in the West Lower

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
Lets get a Calderon banner done, any creative people on here submit your designs for the vote, size wise from: 14FT X 8FT (4.26M X 2.44M) to
20ft x 10ft (6.10m x 3.05m)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I haven't seen any reference to it on here, but did anyone else notice what a good job Calde did at Hull last night? Rated at 8/10 by the Argus today no less.

Specifically targetted by the opposition, he managed to not only hold off Snodgrass, and then Elmohammady, but pretty much had them in his pocket.

Not our first choice, or even second choice left back, but did a splendid job none the less. Do the same again at Cardiff and Bristol City Calde, and I would think Rosenior or Bong would be able to take over from you.

Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear BG.
Plenty of praise from the Hull commentators, and some positive comments on the match day thread too. Quite a few comments along the lines of, 'he didn't let us down'.

OK, I know and you know (and I'm pretty sure Calde knows) he's our third choice left back. Now tell me which club in the Championship has got a better third choice left back. If injuries force us to use our third choice left back, I'm very happy to see Calde trotting out to do a job.

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
plenty of praise from the hull commentators, and some positive comments on the match day thread too. Quite a few comments along the lines of, 'he didn't let us down'.

Ok, i know and you know (and i'm pretty sure calde knows) he's our third choice left back. Now tell me which club in the championship has got a better third choice left back. If injuries force us to use our third choice left back, i'm very happy to see calde trotting out to do a job.

well said

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Banner.jpg

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
The best design, designed, voted and judged by the good people of NSC could be seen within 2-3 weeks. Subit your designs and opinions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am very pleased to hear that he had a good game. I have nothing against him just feel that he has been partly responsible for our drop off but not entirely his fault. I do not feel that we look such a good attacking force with him in the side and Murphy doesnt seem to perform as well. But full praise to him if he did well at Hull, which appears to be the case. I am sure I was not the only person who had concerns about playing him against Hull

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
I love Calde but doubted him was worried about him standing up against hull he done the job!

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I have nothing against him...

From you that's high praise. Perhaps you have seen the error of...

I... just feel that he has been partly responsible for our drop off but not entirely his fault.

....oh. Silly me. Fancy not realising you were going to contradict yourself in the same sentence. You do - very generously and very graciously - point out it wasn't 'entirely his fault'. I'm sure he'll be delighted to escape your singling out for sole criticism.

I don't suppose we get a critique of the rest of the squad's culpability for those matches? Or was it just down to him?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
banging start! Any advance x

Good on ya for offering to fund this!

Get some designs in people. I quite like that one but it's a bit too busy for my liking. And red.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Good on ya for offering to fund this!

Get some designs in people. I quite like that one but it's a bit too busy for my liking. And red.

Red stands out against the myriad blue flags.

And it's the primary colour of the Basque flag - which is what Calde is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here