Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon last night

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The thing with Calderon is that he's not really just here to play. I don't share BGs opinion he isn't good enough to be here but I wouldn't expect him to he a first choice in any position. If, however, we pick up an injury ANYWHERE on the pitch and we need someone who will run himself into the ground, show leadership, passion and commitment, we'd turn to Calderon. He is the fans voice on the pitch, he is the soul of the fans personified in the dressing room; the dugout or the pitch. He is here for more than just playing football, whether thats a role he would choose or not doesn't seem to matter because he cares about the players, the team and the club.

Calderon IN.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The thing with Calderon is that he's not really just here to play. I don't share BGs opinion he isn't good enough to be here but I wouldn't expect him to he a first choice in any position. If, however, we pick up an injury ANYWHERE on the pitch and we need someone who will run himself into the ground, show leadership, passion and commitment, we'd turn to Calderon. He is the fans voice on the pitch, he is the soul of the fans personified in the dressing room; the dugout or the pitch. He is here for more than just playing football, whether thats a role he would choose or not doesn't seem to matter because he cares about the players, the team and the club.

Calderon IN.

:clap: Great post

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BG did you not hear the interview with Hughton? He said Forest's big threat was from Ward and Antonio down the flanks, and he was right. Therefore, the sub you have on the bench IS Calde, a man who can cover both positions and do a good job if called upon.

It may be when we play a side with no width that he doesn't make the bench. Fair enough. But try thinking about the opposition before you slag off our Player of the Year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG did you not hear the interview with Hughton? He said Forest's big threat was from Ward and Antonio down the flanks, and he was right. Therefore, the sub you have on the bench IS Calde, a man who can cover both positions and do a good job if called upon.

It may be when we play a side with no width that he doesn't make the bench. Fair enough. But try thinking about the opposition before you slag off our Player of the Year.

That being the case why didnt he come on instead of the subs that did and he only brought Rosenior on to run down the clock. As others have said Calde was probably attacking cover and I just would have preferred a younger even if inexperienced cover.
To my mind he was a wasted subs position.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I dont care what he does providing it is not play for the team, he is simply not good enough now.

Give it a rest you tired old bugg*r.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He can play in all sorts of positions - he was our winger cover last night - a seasoned pro and I'd much rather have him than any kid for the first game of the season. I take it you've not seen award or Tilly play then?!

Precisely.

I love Calde but I bet even he would agree that he probably wont start every game.

So what do we have well:

A player who you know when picked will give absolutely 100% and can virtually play anywhere . I dare say he would even go in goal if he could. Amd you know what he would be ficking awesome at that too.

I expect him to be on the bench most games. Need another one up front or emergency striker stick him up there. Both CB injured? On you go son. Need an emergency winger/FB/midfielder.... who you gonna call???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I may be wrong but I suspect Calderon was the attacking cover. I'm all for getting the young guns involved but until Hughton decides they are ready Calderon is perfectly good enough to run the flanks for 20 minutes.

I'll say it again. Calderon wasn't defensive cover. He was the back up attacking option and will continue to be until we:
A) Sign some new wingers
B) Hughton decides Tilley and Ward are ready
He'll never get the message. There's none so blind....

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
the thing with calderon is that he's not really just here to play. I don't share bgs opinion he isn't good enough to be here but i wouldn't expect him to he a first choice in any position. If, however, we pick up an injury anywhere on the pitch and we need someone who will run himself into the ground, show leadership, passion and commitment, we'd turn to calderon. He is the fans voice on the pitch, he is the soul of the fans personified in the dressing room; the dugout or the pitch. He is here for more than just playing football, whether thats a role he would choose or not doesn't seem to matter because he cares about the players, the team and the club.

Calderon in.

this.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He scores with his face HE SCORES WITH HIS FAAACE, INDIGO CALDERON, he scores with his face!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What people do not appreciate is that I thought we had adequate cover defensively in Roseior, Ince and Rea so he was a wasted subs place which could and to my mind should have been taken by a younger attacking option like Ward or Tilley.

Can nobody understand where I am coming from on this?

I'm sure he was on the bench for good reasons. Had March and Bruno not lasted the full 90, Calde and Rosenior would have been direct replacements.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Precisely.

I love Calde but I bet even he would agree that he probably wont start every game.

So what do we have well:

A player who you know when picked will give absolutely 100% and can virtually play anywhere . I dare say he would even go in goal if he could. Amd you know what he would be ficking awesome at that too.

I expect him to be on the bench most games. Need another one up front or emergency striker stick him up there. Both CB injured? On you go son. Need an emergency winger/FB/midfielder.... who you gonna call???

Ghostbusters ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here