Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon last night

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Him being named as a sub was the only down side to last night.

Why do you have such an irrational dislike of Calderon? I don't know a single Brighton fan who thinks he's useless as you clearly do. All the Brighton fans and the management team must be wrong though I suppose.

Edit: Surely it's a banning offence, disliking Calderon? [emoji12]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would now onl y use him as defensive cover at right back behind Bruno and Rosenior, whoever is first choice. .

That's generally the idea of subs though. They're not first choice...they're cover. He was a sub last night therefore.....can you see where I'm going with this?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Him being named as a sub was the only down side to last night. Improved performance, couldnt fault any of the players, good result, plenty more to come hopefully. No doubt when we sign a wide man we will see less of him with Bruno and Rosenior fighting for RB and Rea as back up CB.

A down side, really? After last seasons shower of shyte you're prepared to have a down side after beating Forest in the opening game of the season, a game being showcased to the world , after unveiling Bobby, Kaz flipping? There's no hope.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I dont care what he does providing it is not play for the team, he is simply not good enough now.

Was crying out for Calde to replace March on about the 70th minute to double up on Antonia - still think we shield be done that. Calde was the ideal man to bring on IMO...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Him being named as a sub was the only down side to last night. Improved performance, couldnt fault any of the players, good result, plenty more to come hopefully. No doubt when we sign a wide man we will see less of him with Bruno and Rosenior fighting for RB and Rea as back up CB.

Him being named as a sub was a downside?! Are you ****ing joking? I expect you were fuming that COG and JFC were in the bench too then as Calde did more for the team than they did last season...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Him being named as a sub was a downside?! Are you ****ing joking? I expect you were fuming that COG and JFC were in the bench too then as Calde did more for the team than they did last season...

What people do not appreciate is that I thought we had adequate cover defensively in Roseior, Ince and Rea so he was a wasted subs place which could and to my mind should have been taken by a younger attacking option like Ward or Tilley.

Can nobody understand where I am coming from on this?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I dont care what he does providing it is not play for the team, he is simply not good enough now.

I've heard he speaks very highly of you and considers you to be NSC's past, present and future all wrapped up in one little bundle of positivity and insight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What people do not appreciate is that I thought we had adequate cover defensively in Roseior, Ince and Rea so he was a wasted subs place which could and to my mind should have been taken by a younger attacking option like Ward or Tilley.

How many times have you seen Ward or stilly play (live & for longer than 45mins)? The bench was awful in terms of attacking options yes, but that's why we need to sign a few extra players with attacking quality. To want 2 untried kids on there is another of your lunacy opinions :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I may be wrong but I suspect Calderon was the attacking cover. I'm all for getting the young guns involved but until Hughton decides they are ready Calderon is perfectly good enough to run the flanks for 20 minutes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Still good enough to score with his face though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many times have you seen Ward or stilly play (live & for longer than 45mins)? The bench was awful in terms of attacking options yes, but that's why we need to sign a few extra players with attacking quality. To want 2 untried kids on there is another of your lunacy opinions :lol:

You dont know how they will cope until you throw them into the mix. If CH considers him the best choice RB play him but not as a sub with 2 other defenders on the bench especially at home.

The simple answer is go all out to sign a wide man, which is apparently what CH is doing, so the sooner the better.

Macca the attacker

Apr 7, 2010
Didn't Calde step up halfway through last season with vital goals and balls out grit and determination (in midfield) to pull us away from relegation?
Think he was definitely good enough then!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This thread and the tomer hemed thread show why we can't have anything nice. Both derailed by miserable cynical old sods.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You dont know how they will cope until you throw them into the mix. If CH considers him the best choice RB plah him but not as a sub with 2 others on the bench especially at home.

He can play in all sorts of positions - he was our winger cover last night - a seasoned pro and I'd much rather have him than any kid for the first game of the season. I take it you've not seen award or Tilly play then?!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You dont know how they will cope until you throw them into the mix. If CH considers him the best choice RB plah him but not as a sub with 2 others on the bench especially at home.

I'll say it again. Calderon wasn't defensive cover. He was the back up attacking option and will continue to be until we:
A) Sign some new wingers
B) Hughton decides Tilley and Ward are ready

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here