Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon as manager.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I would have thought that good managers start by being leaders on the pitch. Is there anything to suggest that Calde, or for that matter anyone in our squad, is currently influencing anything on the pitch when things are not going to plan?

Well he hasnt had much of a chance to get on the pitch this season!

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I was talking with Calde back in the summer and he told me he had got all the required badges to go into management.

Also stated it's where he believed his future lied

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
lololol, l'm sorry, l found myself agreeing with most of what you were saying. Until l got to the last paragraph that is. Glenn Hoddle?, he hasn't been involved in football management for many years.

I too would like to see the back of Sami Hyypia, but it's an EXPERIENCED Championship manager that we need, and their are several available at the moment

I also feel that this next management change, when and if it ever happens, will be the most important one for many years, and we need to get it right.

All three of Tony Bloom's managerial appointments thus far have been completely untried at managerial level in this country. Stop playing poker with our club Tony, and for once spend a bit more money and go for someone tried and tested.

I fully understand what you are saying with regards to an experienced manager, but IMO Hoddle would be ideal with the set up we have with regards to the academy. I know he has been out of football management for some time he has still been active in football with his own academy in Spain and when you see him as a pundit on TV he speaks a lot of scence.
My fear is though that Mr Bloom will not bother with the likes of an experienced manager but will opt for the cheaper solution in making N J manager

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Can people stop suggesting this, it is a ridiculous suggestion that would never ever be considered. As WA said on the radio yesterday when it was suggested by a phone in supporter, we are a prospective big club with big ideas. Calderon has no experience and no coaching badges the only plus is he is popular with supporters. He has nothing to offer as a manager. As WA said if SH goes, which he doesnt think he will, we need an experienced man to take over and there are plenty about and available. Not even for 5 days should it happen.

Well I never! A BG post I agree with. What is the world coming to ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here