Calde on his way?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol that was me :facepalm:
:lol: When returning it did he look at you with a smile, with disgust, or did he say anything?

I hate the phrase "no room for sentiment". Of course there is, sentiment can ensure continuity in the dressing room, a link between players and fans , and helps new players fit in and understand what it means to be at a club. There has to be room for sentiment otherwise our team will continue to be stuffed with passionless nobodies that don't care about playing for a club we all love.
Excellent post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lol: When returning it did he look at you with a smile, with disgust, or did he say anything?

Excellent post.

I think he said 'there you go' - maybe he thought id dropped it or something. Tbf he had his kid in one arm so prob didn't wanna feck about with a flag!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If the club or namely Hughton think he can do a job whether it be as a regular or a squad member then fine lets' hope he signs up. However if that's not the case and they feel that someone else will be a better option then he may well go but I certainly wouldn't want him at the club just because some weird blokes on here have an infatuation with him that seems to verge on an obsession.

Absolutely. I was and am a member of team CMS, but if he doesn't score goals.

I am also a great fan of Mr Calderon and think he is an enormous asset for the club in so many ways, and would like to see him still around , even if it becomes a coaching, managerial, community or ambassadorial role for a long time to come. But if that is not right either for the club or for Calde - because he might want to go elsewhere to carry on a playing career if BHAFC were not to want him any more in that capacity, then so be it.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Would be an excellent "club ambassador"

In twenty years, maybe. Calderon has/is studying a Sports Psychology degree. Wasted time if he becomes a Club Ambassador. Better off moving to the back room staff, working with the DS. Unless of course going freelance is more lucrative and interesting/challenging...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Elphick & Cook were nowhere near the starting lineup, rightly at the time. We had too many better players.
Inconveniently, they've got better & we've got much, much worse
Very true, sadly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! However, I don't think there was much we could have done about it - where they were in the pecking order at the time, they would have upped sticks and moved on at the first opportunity anyway. They got dead lucky moving to Bournemouth when they did though!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Still has something to offer - even if not as first choice or regular starter. One of our most creative players yesterday. Take a look at our three best chances in the second half -
* COG's header that bounced off the sawdust - precision centre from Calde on the right;
* Stephens' scuffed shot - Calde, on the right, looks up and spots Stephens' run and puts precision pass right in his path;
* CMS 1-on-1 with the keeper - who slipped the defence splitting pass through to him? Calde.
Definitely worth having around the squad for another season. Unless of course we're about to spend several millions on a Prem. quality RB - and anyone who thinks that is delusional!

I thought the cross was from Greer, and the 1 on 1 was Stockdale's punt upfield (or are you referring to another one?)

D

Deleted member 2719

Its not a disaster because he's just not good enough end of...coaching role yes,but player no.
But he is good enough, his touch is excellent, his awareness is excellent,his passing is excellent,his attitude and leadership is excellent which is infectious,his tackling is fair and speed is below par. In fact he is probably one of our best value for money players on the park week in week out.
Sir Albion I suggest you are ageist watch the games and not the wrinkles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he said 'there you go' - maybe he thought id dropped it or something. Tbf he had his kid in one arm so prob didn't wanna feck about with a flag!

Here you go [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

image.jpg

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I am also a great fan of Mr Calderon and think he is an enormous asset for the club in so many ways, and would like to see him still around , even if it becomes a coaching, managerial, community or ambassadorial role for a long time to come. But if that is not right either for the club or for Calde - because he might want to go elsewhere to carry on a playing career if BHAFC were not to want him any more in that capacity, then so be it.

Didn't he say a few months ago that he wanted to be playing for another 3 or 4 years?

Someone put me right on the quote?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
What does this mean? Is he saying football is work and there is no room for sentimentality? E.g. He wouldn't sacrifice a lower wage to play here than elsewhere just because he's a Brighton player?

I'm going for: the future is up in the air but we're working on it. Or he could just be playing around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports