Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde on his way?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
PR stunt by the club? Clearly Calde is popular with supporters, so offer him a contract, club looks like the good guys.

BUT - make the contract so miserly that it can only be seen as an insult, Calde leaves, the club has cut him off from the wage bill while still smelling of roses. I do hope that's not the way the club is operating ....... and I do hope he signs it!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
PR stunt by the club? Clearly Calde is popular with supporters, so offer him a contract, club looks like the good guys.

BUT - make the contract so miserly that it can only be seen as an insult, Calde leaves, the club has cut him off from the wage bill while still smelling of roses. I do hope that's not the way the club is operating ....... and I do hope he signs it!

Would it be that bad if he left? I don't think so. No room for sentiment. If we have play off / promotion aspirations Calde can't be a part of those plans. Either way, ball is in Caldes court here.. lets not forget what he nearly did to us last time he was in contract negotiations..

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't get it with Calde. I know he loves the club and always plays with such enthusiasm and commitment. But he his not a very good right back and and even worse right midfielder.

There are dozen of threads on here asking how we are going to strengthen the squad and get us back into the top 6. Replacing sub-standard players like Calde is one way of dong it. I was disappointed when he and Bruno were offered new contracts. Not because I do not appreciate what they have done for our club, but because it is time for the club to move forward.
I am not suggesting Calde or Bruno should always start but they have the right ability and footballing brains to be in the Squad still. As for time the club moving forward I agree entirely but why the hell did we get a negative manager to move us forward???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I am not suggesting Calde or Bruno should always start but they have the right ability and footballing brains to be in the Squad still. As for time the club moving forward I agree entirely but why the hell did we get a negative manager to move us forward???

Two old Right backs in the squad, how much money do you think we have?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Meet guests and sponsors, give pre match speeches to members, glad hand anybody and everybody, do work in the communtity and generally smile and big up the club.

Someone has to do it.

So apart from the speech bit, , the same as the stewards do then

We must have money to burn, sign him up!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I hear what some people are saying, but if these players leave we will have to replace them. Calde is sufficient back up at full back imo... the club are not exactly renowned for spending good money on good players so i'd rather we saved so we could actually sign a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was voted POS by the fans. I wonder How many voted with head over heart?

Who should have got it then? Not one player had a standout season, most were very poor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would it be that bad if he left? I don't think so. No room for sentiment. If we have play off / promotion aspirations Calde can't be a part of those plans. Either way, ball is in Caldes court here.. lets not forget what he nearly did to us last time he was in contract negotiations..
Not sentiment. Good squad player, versatile, and a positive force in the dressing room. Will help the younger players come on. Not saying he should be an automatic - or even a regular - first XI starter, but would be good to have around as back up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bruno should have his contract re-assigned to carpark attendant

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I hear what some people are saying, but if these players leave we will have to replace them. Calde is sufficient back up at full back imo... the club are not exactly renowned for spending good money on good players so i'd rather we saved so we could actually sign a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Bruno is the RB or back up if another brought in .

No need for Calde

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sentiment. Good squad player, versatile, and a positive force in the dressing room. Will help the younger players come on. Not saying he should be an automatic - or even a regular - first XI starter, but would be good to have around as back up.

And that is the point. Maybe he doesn't want that, maybe he'd rather drop down a level and play regularly. If you look at our defence, we only have 1 player that is ours, and can be considered as part of the 'squad' that is under 30 at the moment..

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bruno is the RB or back up if another brought in .

No need for Calde

It's a lose lose situation really, neither Bruno or Calde are good enough to play consistently, with Bruno already contracted I guess you are right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely this. We HAVE to improve our attacking options. We DO NOT have unlimited budgets. Yes, we will have to start looking to phase out our ageing defenders sooner rather than later, but it's not no.1 priority at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And that is the point. Maybe he doesn't want that, maybe he'd rather drop down a level and play regularly. If you look at our defence, we only have 1 player that is ours, and can be considered as part of the 'squad' that is under 30 at the moment..
If that is the case, fair enough and good luck to him. It doesn't sound much like he was saying on Seagulls website yesterday though.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

I agree that CH appears to be a negative manager and any Norwich fan would back you up. But ask any Newcastle fan (promotion from the Championship with a record number of goals scored) and any Birmingham fan (finished 4th in the Championship and played decent football) and they will tell you something different.

CH probably fell into the trap of playing negative football at Norwich because staying in the PL was all important.

I Know people will say that getting Newcastle promoted with such a talented squad was an easy task, but HR only just got QPR back to the PL at the first time of asking with an equally good side and HR is considered to be a top manager.

Let CH build is own team and then we can judge him. But I agree, what we have seen so far is not pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here