Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde and Orlandi, summer update

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've walked about 10 miles of that Path of Horses (Cami de Cavalls) it damn near killed me.

If Orlandi can run the entire length then he's a lot fitter than we thought.

I've run the 5 miles each side of San Xoringeur. Its a fantastic trail, would have been all the greater had I bumped into Calde though!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hughton's Norwich 1.05 goals per game. Hughton's Brighton 0.9 goals per game.

I noticed you missed a 0-0 draw at home to Wolves and a 1-0 win away at Wolves out of Hughton's Month of goals...

I may be wrong, I hope I am wrong but Hughton has shown no attacking intent whatsoever since he came here. We were effectively safe after Blackburn away yet he still did not change it. We will see, but I ask again, are you excited by the football you expect us to play next year?

Yes, I missed those as they were FA Cup games, as you can see it was a copy and paste job from wiki. It sounds like a negative from you though, despite him beating Premiership Wolves in a replay??

I expect us to play good football and score goals IF he has the team he wants, like he showed at Newcastle and Birmingham in the championship. Norwich's 1.05 goals were for a small side in the Premiership, not a biggish side in the Championship. Incomparable. And do you honestly think using last seasons stats for a team that practically had no strikeforce or wingers is fair? A bit bent if you ask me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yes, I missed those as they were FA Cup games, as you can see it was a copy and paste job from wiki. It sounds like a negative from you though, despite him beating Premiership Wolves in a replay??

No, more making the point that we can all find statistics to prove a point if we so wish.

Albumen said:
I expect us to play good football and score goals IF he has the team he wants, like he showed at Newcastle and Birmingham in the championship. Norwich's 1.05 goals were for a small side in the Premiership, not a biggish side in the Championship. Incomparable. And do you honestly think using last seasons stats for a team that practically had no strikeforce or wingers is fair? A bit bent if you ask me.

He had a transfer window and the option to bring players in on loan. He brought in Bent. No football manager can complain of his resources when he signs a player that bad.

I am just using the evidence of what I have seen from Hughton thus far. I do not really care what he did at Newcastle, Birmingham or Norwich.

Do I want him sacked? At this point, no. At the moment though, I have no enthusiasm for the type of football he has shown us since his arrival. We were safe, really, from Blackburn, yet he did not try and go more attacking for the remaining games, to try and entertain, or even try out the youngsters. We just plodded along with the aim to get 0-0 every game. Surely you would experiment with a different front line, or attacking system if you only scored one goal from open play in 9 games? So for those reasons I am not at all excited about the coming season.

I hope that changes with some exciting signings. I hope that changes due to some exciting attacking football pre-season. I really really hope I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I am very far from being the only person who feels this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here