Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde and Orlandi, summer update

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Better than the loan rangers we had to endure last season. Loves the club, loves the town (ok city if you must). Bring him back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All lovely but 3:20 is still brilliant.
We played a awful lot of team, that season, with the same kit.

Who knew there were at least 9 teams in the division playing in either gold or tangerine.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
:love::love:

Oh......yes please..........times 2......

and reeeeelaaaaax!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
All lovely but 3:20 is still brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyR2GnvnHV0

That video is brilliant, yet so depressing. We are not going to be that flair again for a long long time. I get all the Hughton needs time to build his own squad, cannot judge him after 6 months, we need stability stuff but can anyone honestly say they are excited by the idea of the football we are going to play next season? Hope I am wrong but next season really feels like it is going to be a chore.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That video is brilliant, yet so depressing. We are not going to be that flair again for a long long time. I get all the Hughton needs time to build his own squad, cannot judge him after 6 months, we need stability stuff but can anyone honestly say they are excited by the idea of the football we are going to play next season? Hope I am wrong but next season really feels like it is going to be a chore.

I'm generally the optimistic type when it come to the Albion, but I just watched that video, and then the highlights from the Palace 3-0 and then the Blackpool 6-1 with some serious nostalgia. The players we had then:

David Lopez
Orlandi (and how beautifully they linked up)
Barnes
Ulloa
Upson
Bridge
Buckley
Bridcutt
Kuszczak
Vicente

My god. What has happened :cry:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Hughton's Birmingham in 2011/12 failed to score in only 6 of the 46 games, finishing 4th, scoring 78 goals (4th highest amount in the league). He likes scoring.

31 December 2011 12th Blackpool H W 3–0
2 January 2012 14th Peterborough United A D 1–1
11 January 2012 9th Ipswich Town H W 2–1
14 January 2012 7th Millwall A W 6–0
21 January 2012 6th Watford H W 3–0
31 January 2012 4th Leeds United A W 4–1

Not a bad month.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
I'm generally the optimistic type when it come to the Albion, but I just watched that video, and then the highlights from the Palace 3-0 and then the Blackpool 6-1 with some serious nostalgia. The players we had then:

David Lopez
Barnes
Ulloa
Upson
Bridge
Buckley
Bridcutt
Kuszczak
Vicente

Wow that's some fall from grace

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

David Lopez
Barnes
Ulloa
Upson
Bridge
Buckley
Bridcutt
Kuszczak
Vicente

Let's not get too carried away.
What with all the sick notes and Kosh to Greer to Bridcutt to Greer to Kosh to Bruno, that season wasn't a picnic.
Just considerably better than the one we've just had.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Oh I know, and I fully accept those were probably our two best matches that year and it obviously wasn't all plain sailing. But the football, when it worked, was sublime and beautiful to watch. I just hope it's not too long before we see that quality again

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hughton's Birmingham in 2011/12 failed to score in only 6 of the 46 games, finishing 4th, scoring 78 goals (4th highest amount in the league). He likes scoring.

Not a bad month.

Hughton's Norwich 1.05 goals per game. Hughton's Brighton 0.9 goals per game.

I noticed you missed a 0-0 draw at home to Wolves and a 1-0 win away at Wolves out of Hughton's Month of goals...

I may be wrong, I hope I am wrong but Hughton has shown no attacking intent whatsoever since he came here. We were effectively safe after Blackburn away yet he still did not change it. We will see, but I ask again, are you excited by the football you expect us to play next year?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I noticed you missed a 0-0 draw at home to Wolves and a 1-0 win away at Wolves out of Hughton's Month of goals...

I may be wrong, I hope I am wrong but Hughton has shown no attacking intent whatsoever since he came here. We were effectively safe after Blackburn away yet he still did not change it. We will see, but I ask again, are you excited by the football you expect us to play next year?

He didn't even play anything resembling attacking football when the individual games dictated it.

Preferring to lose 1-0 instead of god forbid winning 2-1.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Get over him, did diddly squat in his final season with us and was embarrassing in the play offs. Injury prone, relegated last season. We need pace which is exactly what he hasn't got.

Next.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He didn't even play anything resembling attacking football when the individual games dictated it.

Preferring to lose 1-0 instead of god forbid winning 2-1.

It appeared that we set out to draw every game 0-0. Unfortunately we were so terrible we only managed that five times :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, I was left unconvinced, and 4 goals in 14 games was poor by any standards in this division. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though and see if his pre-season and new signings help produce good football and results. If the next 14 games are as poor as the last I will be very concerned with him being the right man to take us forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the next 14 games are as poor as the last I will be very concerned with him being the right man to take us forward.
Ah but you're forgetting the ball did once hit Calde in the face and go it.
According to some that proves Hughton is the best thing ever. :shrug:

When wondering if CH can do a job here, all I'm clinging to is the performance v Leeds.

Without that game I'd definitely be thinking 'he'll be gone by November'.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Not a bad month.

Yeah it's his Brum record (and to a lesser extent Newcastle) which is causing me to back CH at the moment, and I'm willing to write off last season's results and performances. I just don't want to be BORED.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ah but you're forgetting the ball did once hit Calde in the face and go it.
According to some that proves Hughton is the best thing ever. :shrug:

When wondering if CH can do a job here, all I'm clinging to is the performance v Leeds.

Without that game I'd definitely be thinking 'he'll be gone by November'.

We're looking great at the moment though, so credit where credit is due.

leaguetable.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here